iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for someone in Nashville, TN area who can slab 45"+ log

Started by MikeySP, September 12, 2020, 08:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeySP

Hi. I gentleman wanted me to slab several logs, the largest of which is well over 40". Of course, I could do none of them with my LT35. He is in Nashville, TN. If you know of anyone capable of slabbing logs over 45" and might be interested, please forward me contact information. I will pass it on to Judd. I would have put his contact info here, but I did not ask permission. I will contact him if I get any leads here.

Thanks. -Mike

DON FRANK

If you can't find someone local check out Chris Ramsey. He's a well known woodturner in Somerset Ky. Thats up the road from you a few hours. He has a 72" mill.

T A Derrickson

I can do that.  Located just south of Nashville outside of Spring Hill.  Be happy to help.
Stihl MS880 & MS190 T  Husqvarna 339XP & 262XP  PantherPro 2 chainsaw mill    Lucas Mill model 8/30

MikeySP

MikeySP

Great. thanks everyone. Looks like the position has been filled :)

Brad_bb

I see you've found someone.  I was going to suggest going to facebook marketplace in Nashville and searching for slabs.  There are a number of potential leads that come up.  But it's good that you found a FF member.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Magicman

If I sawed that job I would send Jeff/FF a 5% commission on the job's profit since the job was a result of an inquiry made here on the FF.

Yes, this is what I have done in the past:  Sawing Commission
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

T A Derrickson

Quote from: Magicman on September 20, 2020, 09:52:23 AM
If I sawed that job I would send Jeff/FF a 5% commission on the job's profit since the job was a result of an inquiry made here on the FF.

Yes, this is what I have done in the past:  Sawing Commission
I think that is a fine idea!!
Stihl MS880 & MS190 T  Husqvarna 339XP & 262XP  PantherPro 2 chainsaw mill    Lucas Mill model 8/30

Thank You Sponsors!