iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Been gone awhile but dropped by to say HI!!

Started by Part_Timer, May 19, 2012, 03:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Part_Timer

Hay everyone I've been gone awhile but wanted to stop by and say hi and see what everyone was up to.  It's been a couple of years since I've done any real milling but had a chance to go cut up a couple of large logs for a friend.  The first one is a black oak 47" cross that had a bit of rot but turned out pretty nice.  The last log was about 50" across but completly rotten in the middle.  The outside edgeas made 18 very nice 2 2/1 x 8" curly maple muzzle loader stocks. 

Have a great weekend everyone.
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

beenthere

You got some long lumber outta that short log... 8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Part_Timer

I fixed the pictures it just took me a minute to remember how to move photos around.  The first pic should be the correct one now.  The black oak was 14' and the maple was about 6'. 

I had forgotten how much work swing milling was.  I guess I had better get out from behind the desk more often.  :) 
Peterson 8" ATS.

customsawyer

Welcome back. Was the withdrawals difficult to go through? ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Part_Timer

Peterson 8" ATS.

JV

Welcome back, I've wondered what happened to you.  Some time back I had a call from a potential customer down your way.  I told him to call you since you were closer.  I joined the swing mill fraternity too with a Lucas.  Sure different from my WM.  Glad you're back.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

WDH

You have been exceptionally scarce.  Good to have you back!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

I've missed seeming you on.  :)  I'll not go as far as starting to bug you about getting the family up to the pigroast.

YET. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Part_Timer

Thanks everyone I've missed being here as well.

We are milling again today so pics to follow.

Jeff, Katie and I have been discussing that already and how much fun it is and how we miss everyone.  Perhaps we can make it.  You wouldn't even recognize the kids, excapt for the red hair anyway. :)

JV glad you've come to the dark side ;)  it's a blast.  Good to see your still around.

WDH I actually thought of you and Dodgy Loner the other day, we're getting ready to log out the property in VA and are contacting the state forrester for help. Which got my mine thinking about you 2, then the neighbor called with the logs, then swing milling, .................... Tah Dah!!!  Here I am
Peterson 8" ATS.

WDH

Cause and effect......chain of events.......
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Holmes

Quote from: beenthere on May 19, 2012, 03:31:31 PM
Just goes to show how good those Lucas Mills are.  ;D  ;D
Think like a farmer.

SwampDonkey

I must say it's been awhile there bub. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Part_Timer

Quote from: Holmes on May 21, 2012, 12:10:23 PM
Quote from: beenthere on May 19, 2012, 03:31:31 PM
Just goes to show how good those Lucas Mills are.  ;D  ;D

Even better I got a Peterson out of a Lucas  ;)

Quote from: SwampDonkey on May 21, 2012, 05:29:36 PM
I must say it's been awhile there bub. ;D
It's a long story not worth the telling but I found my way back.  Thanks for keeping my seat around the fire.
Peterson 8" ATS.

Thank You Sponsors!