iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forum Question

Started by Paper Maker, December 29, 2011, 11:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paper Maker

I almost hate to ask such a silly question about the forum but I'm not sure about something. I understand that there is a search the forum and a marked unread but is there a way to save a particular topic for future references. There are sometimes topics that I search so that I can reread for clarification or what ever the reason may be. Sometime the information doesn't always soak into my gourd like I would like.     Thanks Marcus

beenthere

Try to bookmark it in your computer, if you have that capability in IE or whatever you use.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Radar67

Or, you can click on "Send This Topic" in the bar above the post and send yourself an email link to it.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Jeff

Perhaps I can develop an internal bookmark system. I'll think on it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Shotgun

Quote from: Radar67 on December 29, 2011, 01:10:37 PM
Or, you can click on "Send This Topic" in the bar above the post and send yourself an email link to it.

Can you tell me where to find the "bar above" that you mention?

Thanks.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Jeff

Is is in the same menu bar (or list button list if you will) as the reply button.  Do you not have a send topic button Norm?

Jeff

I've got something to try, but I'll need to wait until this evening where I can back up everything before I do it in case of a catastrophic failure. :D  I've been known to create those. :)

Radar67

Quote from: Shotgun on December 29, 2011, 02:10:25 PM
Can you tell me where to find the "bar above" that you mention?

Thanks.

Norm

Look directly above the "quote" button, just to the left of the "print" button.  ;)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Shotgun

I only have  "reply", "quote" and  "notify" buttons.  No evidence of "send".  Win 7 & Firefox 8, if it matters.

Norm

Shotgun

From reading Terry's post, in the thread proper, and above the top bar, I have "Reply", "Notify", "Mark Unread", and "Print".

Norm

Jeff

It could be because there is a permission messed up for the Forester Member group. Give me a moment and we will try again.

Also, In prep for trying to add a bookmark function, I have added a dropdown menu item up under the profile button in the main menu.

Jeff

How about now Norm?  Can you see it?

Jeff

I took advantage of a lull in people on line and backed up early and installed my edits.  Looks like everything works fine. :)

New Feature: Create bookmarks.   You can create a topic bookmark with the bookmark button on the topic. To access your bookmarks and to administrate them, you use your profile button in the top menu, and look for the My Bookmarks drop down link.   Good addition. We should have thought about that before. :)

reride82

Jeff,
Do you have to be a full member in order to be able to create bookmarks? When I go to the bookmark pull down it tells me 'You do not have permission to create bookmarks.' If so, I guess I'll have to get busy getting up to a full member status  :)

Levi
'Do it once, do it right'

'First we shape our buildings, then our buildings shape us'
Living life on the Continental Divide in Montana

Shotgun

I still can't see a "send " button, Jeff. 

I don't blame you for not letting those pesky foresters not send things at will.  Good job on the bookmark feature, though.  Now all I need is permission to make a bookmark.  Maybe the foresters are in that same category as with the send button.

Below is what I see when I try to manage my bookmarks.  No problem, no hurry.  Just pointing it out.

The Forestry Forum »Forum    An Error Has Occurred!    Sorry, you don't have permission to make bookmarks. 
(Probably because you're a forester.     ::)   )   Kidding

Norm

JD350Cmark

Quote from: Paper Maker on December 29, 2011, 11:47:45 AM
   I almost hate to ask such a silly question about the forum but I'm not sure about something. I understand that there is a search the forum and a marked unread but is there a way to save a particular topic for future references. There are sometimes topics that I search so that I can reread for clarification or what ever the reason may be. Sometime the information doesn't always soak into my gourd like I would like.     Thanks Marcus

I have been wondering the same thing.  My problem is when reading a topic/thread and people insert another link to a website or which is more common, a link to another thread within the FF and I'll think I will get back to that link and never do because of time or am unable to locate it.    MARCUS:  thanks for asking such a silly question.

My question:  On a thread that has many pages, for example, lets use "Internet Jokes & Fun Stuff," it has 160 + pages..  I think I got behind on it after the crash and now attempting to get caught up.  If I am on page 40 and want to go back to page 41 tomorrow, it takes a very long time to 'flip' through the pages.  At the begining you can click on page 5 or 6 but then it's one page at a time.  Is there a way to jump ahead 5 or 10 pages?  Perhaps I am missing it.

2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25

JD350Cmark

Quote from: reride82 on December 29, 2011, 04:37:58 PM
Jeff,
Do you have to be a full member in order to be able to create bookmarks? When I go to the bookmark pull down it tells me 'You do not have permission to create bookmarks.' If so, I guess I'll have to get busy getting up to a full member status  :)

Levi

I don't have permission either  :-\

LeeB

Click on the dots between the numbers to expand the numbers you can see.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

JD350Cmark

Thanks Lee...that was pretty easy. ::)  That will save some time from now on.

Jeff

Can you add bookmarks now?

Norm, I'm working on trying to find what you screwed up. :D ;)

Jeff

Norm?  What do you see now?

Shotgun

The bookmarks are working fine now, Jeff.  Way to go!!  I'm going to start calling you da Geek instead of da Boss.

You're the man!!

Norm

Jeff

I'm interested now in your inability to see the send topic button. Still not there?

Shotgun

Still no send button.  I even reloaded FF.  No panic, Jeff.

Norm

LeeB

Are you looking in the right place? It's at the bottom of the page and at the top of the page. Says 'send this page'.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.