Peter Drouin

What are you trying to do??????? :o :o :o :o
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Chuck White

Man, I wish my drum switches were that easy to get out!   :o

It's sort of a hit and miss with lubing mine!   :-\
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

I lube mine through the front panel.  I have never removed a switch to do it.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

petefrom bearswamp

Never tried that I use Lynns  method.
How about the other switch?
Boy your mill is clean.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

terrifictimbersllc

Me either, front panel off, long middle size screwdriver with grease on the tip, stick it in there rolling the switches back and forth. 

I wish my Lubemizer were on the front remote, it were  I'd just leave it there.  Be worried a bird would fly in there at lunch :D
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Dave Shepard

I've never lubed my drum switches. I don't use them. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Magicman on February 07, 2016, 03:54:48 PM
I lube mine through the front panel.  I have never removed a switch to do it.   :o

x2
A&P saw Mill LLC.

4x4American

Personally I don't see how you can do a thorough job without taking them out.  The amount of metal flakes that I remove...  Another advantage to taking them out is you can twist them all the way around to clean them better. 

Thanks Pete from bear swamp, I polish it every three months lol oh and the other switch is easy peasy I take off the panel and pull it out also. 
Boy, back in my day..

Ga Mtn Man

The newer Super mills that have the 2-axis h-bridge don't have the 10AWG wires connected to the drum switch so it's apparently much easier to pull the drum switch out.  I would not want to try that on my mill.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Chuck White

When I said I wish my drum switches were that easy to get out, I was referring to the access hole on the side of the control panel box!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

4x4American

I didn't realize they didn't have access panels on the older mills.  I also didn't realize they had 12awg wires connecting to it.
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

I grease mine when I think of it . Last time was a 1000HR ago. :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

4x4American

lol I've been doing it every 50 hrs
Boy, back in my day..

Chuck White

I usually grease my drum switches every 50 hours, but sometimes I'll go a little over if I'm in the middle of a sawjob.

Ga Mtn Man

There are 4 10 AWG wires and some others on the feed drum switch of my LT40.  Those concentric slots that the drum switch mounting screws go through allow the switch to be rotated for easier access to the back contacts.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

richard boyd

Can someone show me how to add another hyd.pump to my 93 lt40 to make my hyd. faster. Or an up close picture.

Peter Drouin

Dose it have a flip clamp? I think that will be a lot of work, Better call Wood Mizer and ask them.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

richard boyd

Yes it has the flip up clamp on it. I was hoping to maybe put bigger pump on it or some how hook 2 pumps up. It would be great if I could find a bigger  pump that would bolt up like the one on it now. Have no idle if there is such a thing or not.

DGK

Here are a few pics of my latest mods. The mill started out life as a LT40G28 manual but has since grown a bit. The latest mods are 3rd hydraulic toe board, dual hydraulic pumps, 2nd battery, 2nd contact strip, and external DC power.

Doug
Yukon, Canada

LT40G38 modified to dual pumped hydraulic plus, HR120 Resaw, EG200 Edger, Bobcat S185,Bobcat S590, Logosol PH260M3, Sthil MS660's, MS460,MS362's MS260, Trailtech dump trailer, F350, F700 Tilt-Deck log/Lumber Hauler, JD440B Skidder, Naarva S23C Processor

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

DGK

Hi Dave, yes they are. I cut down the bed pieces from the original ones that were removed to install the hydraulic toe-board kit on the mill 2 years ago. The leg is also an original that was removed when I installed front & rear fine-adjust outriggers. The second battery box is the original hydraulic box that came with the log loader kit. The only non-woodmizer parts are the battery selector switch, external generator connector and the fuse block wired in with the second battery.
Doug
Yukon, Canada

LT40G38 modified to dual pumped hydraulic plus, HR120 Resaw, EG200 Edger, Bobcat S185,Bobcat S590, Logosol PH260M3, Sthil MS660's, MS460,MS362's MS260, Trailtech dump trailer, F350, F700 Tilt-Deck log/Lumber Hauler, JD440B Skidder, Naarva S23C Processor

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

4x4American

I was thinking back to the bed extensions and drilling a hole in the rail, looks like WMz drills the rail at the factory at least on mine they did, eh.
Boy, back in my day..

Chromazome

I welded my 10' bed extension on then moved the axle back to balance the mill for towing had to widen the log lift extend hoses etc .
woodcraft 30-30 was 30-20  bobcat S250 Cowan 250 planer circa 1880

4x4American

There ya go, Chromazome...as usual, welcome and
please add your location and equipment to sig line to make posts more relevant
Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!