Sponsors:

The days before Christmas

Started by Jeff, December 19, 2001, 12:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

Very nice, Jeff, and a fine tradition and heritage your dad gave you all👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
Too many irons in the fire

Bert

Thank you for the story! Merry Christmas!
Saw you tomorrow!

51cub

I love that story. It's one I never get tired of. Thanks for bringing it up!
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Carson-saws

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL and a SAFE New Year...
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

TimGA

Very nice, timeless,  thanks Jeff.
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

Jeff

Quote from: Jeff on December 19, 2001, 12:40:23 PM
    In 1944 as a young Army Air corpman listened to the wind whistling past the bullet holes in the B17 that now punctuated its right side, he remembered his promise of several days earlier. On a similar flight he had promised God that if returned safely to his young family, that he would follow any path in which the lord would lead, and for the next 50 years he did so without fail.

Christmas was a special time for the corpman and his family, celebrating each one with his wife and 3 young daughters and then eventually at the age of 40 a son and another daughter.  One of the traditions the corpman had was to relate to his family what he called "God's version" of the Night before Christmas. Eventually the son would continue to share the story with his family and friends.

And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria. And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city. And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem because he was of the house and lineage of David To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.

And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered. And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

I love you Dad and I miss you.
Merry Christmas everyone.
Merry Christmas everyone. I Got exactly what I wanted for Christmas. My daughter out of The I.C.U. and back in her home after a battle with a Complex plural effusion. Some scary times right up until last night when things really started going the right direction. She will have a visiting nurse for a few days but shes home!
Merry Christmas everyone

Special thanks to @doc henderson and @doctorb for all the personal support the last couple weeks. 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

Now that's a Christmas present!!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

SwampDonkey

Merry Christmas Stacey smiley_wavy, Jeremy, Jeff and Tammy. Have a safe and healthy time. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Yes, the Best Christmas Prayers answered.  Thank You Jeff for the picture and to Stacy for the Smile.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

MVDeerxing

I just read the whole post, very touching and heart felt family history. Thank you for sharing it.

What a great day for you and the rest of your family.

From My Family to yours, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and may everyone enjoy a healthy and safe New Year. 

There are Miracles on earth as in Heaven, enjoy the moment.

Old Greenhorn

So very glad Stacy is home! Looks cold in that hospital :D
 Nothing better than having family home. Good for you guys!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

doc henderson

The valuable lessons taught to you as a child Jeff, serve you well, and honor your father and God the father at the same time.  God bless.
:christmas:
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

trimguy

Nebraska

That's the greatest  gift you could ask for so glad for your family. :)

doctorb

Yep....things worked out pretty well.  Let's keep it that way!  Merry Christmas to all, and an especially Happy New Year to Stacy.  
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Don P

QuoteI know what we all want for Christmas, Stacy stable and improving.
Well we're all good, Merry Christmas!

Glad you're outta the woods Stacy  :)

newoodguy78

Happy to hear she's doing well Jeff. 

samandothers

What a wonderful thread and a wonderful Christmas gift to have family together!
Merry Christmas!

Thank You Sponsors!