iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Home Canned Tomatos, How Long Do They Last?

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, December 12, 2010, 01:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Quote from: WH_Conley on February 04, 2011, 09:51:00 PM
MARCEL!!!! Preserves, and you dumped them? As OLJarhead said, the texture is what suffers. Preserves on the other hand, I don't think they can go bad , without rotting. But, my whole family swears I can eat stuff that would kill a normal person. I think they are just soft. ;D
Cool , come visite  :) Do I have a buffet of jars for you to pick out of !!!  ;D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Raider Bill

Just today I finished up the last of Jeff's preserves he gave away at the Pig roast. Blueberry jam and Blueberry ice cream topping I ended up using as jelly. Delish!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Just Me

Quote from: northwoods1 on December 14, 2010, 06:52:42 PM
So... with tomatoes as long as they are processed correctly and you have the correct ph or acidity you have nothing to worry about? That is what I thought and also what I take the info reddog posted to mean.
I never knew there was so much to know about canning , that botulism stuff is scary :o the way I understand it , it is one of the most toxic things known to man just an incredibly small amount like 1,000,000 of a gram is enough to kill a person even if it just touches your skin your dead.

I've been in a cannery. I feel a lot more confident in my own ability and cleanliness.

I have had to use my brothers garden spot for the last few years, but will soon have my own again. I am excited about that. Something about tatwall of food you can see and know where it came from makes the winter seem not so bad. Little taste of summer whenever you please......

"Noth'in I like better than home grown tomaters".

Just Me

If you get in Munising Mi. in the UP and have time there is a museum out toward Pictured Rocks that is very interesting. In their old time kitchen display is a jar of carrots that I donated.

Yes, I do can museum quality carrots.....

Thank You Sponsors!