Sponsors:

Carnage

Started by Maine logger88, December 03, 2019, 06:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maine logger88

Snowstorm sent me these pics earlier today 

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Old Greenhorn

Bummer. Looks like it could have been worse. Working in the weather is rough.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

snowstorm

well that load of pine was hauled all the way from new hampshire to maine. he was going by his gps instead of staying on the main rd he turned. the good news he was 1 mile from the mill. what held the truck there i don't know the wrecker driver said the same thing. they unloaded two tier then pulled the trailer back into the rd. i asked the driver if he had enough of trucking yet. he says no i like it. i dont think it was his truck and someone said it might have been his first day. that hill is steep i may have backed down it a few times sanding it in a ice storm

moodnacreek

To day you find tractor trailers on county roads where you have never seen them before and they are not making deliveries. I live and work in a triangle with 2 address and if you gps either it will take you to a neighbors home. I am on a state road by a large, red iron bridge and have stacks of lumber along the road. Nobody will take instructions from me but they will somehow get my mailing address and bother my neighbor. I wonder if owner operators are this dumb. 

thecfarm

A few more feet to the left..........   :o
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

snowstorm

there were a couple tires without any ground under them. that drops there 6 ft or more

Resonator

He kept it shiny side up and nobody got hurt, that's what matters the most.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Southside

Dang, SWIFT has started hauling logs now?  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Frickman

I have been there, done that.  Just a few miles from the mill too.  The mill sent a self loader truck over and bailed me out.  
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

KEC

I would not be too quick to judge the driver unless I heard his account of how this happened. Too bad there was no skidder handy. And he kept the sunny side up. I was sent to a job once where I told my boss that it was too wet to get in and out of the job and the boss insisted that I go. When it didn't go well the boss wanted to put the blame on me. He threatened to fire me because I wouldn't fill out an accident report. I told him it wasn't an accident, it was his stupidity. I was eventually exonerated when they looked into it further. Stuff happens with log trucks, this is nothing.

labradorguy

Working in BC the last twenty years, I've seen a heck of a lot worse. Good job driver on keeping her upright and next to the road! It's winter and stuff happens. 

snowstorm

the main rd has a left turn to it. to get on this rd he had to pretty much stop then its a 1/4 mile to the steep hill. should have been this cant be right. pick up the cb or the phone. yes he did well not to upset it. very seldom do the log trucks have problems in a storm. now the guys hauling lumber out. last winter had the driver call the law its slick they call me. here he is on flat ground over 1/4 to the first little hill. he tells me i cant make the hill....you didnt try . or the one that went down a dirt rd then tried to turn down a driveway in freezing rain with a big truck. ended up in the ditch. that driveway used to be a town rd and there used to be a bridge across the river    150 yrs ago.............if it dosent feel rite sound rite look rite        stop

Thank You Sponsors!