iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Some pics of this years teak thinning

Started by teakwood, December 11, 2014, 04:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjo picker

I like the way you do that teak.  Sell what needs to be cut for a maximum return as you do a TSI for the rest.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Riwaka

The grapples with rotators I have seen on dig bucket capable excavators have had solenoid hydraulic valve (mounted on the front stick) to do two functions. A wire cable ran back to the cab to a switch to operate the solenoid valve.
NEWS - Power Valve U.S.A.
They tried to leave the stick hydraulic ram alone.

If there was a spare valve in the excavator's main valve bank that was used or a foot pedal control for the rotator and extra piping. (fairly big expense)
Pedal valve
Hydraulic Kit Components Nationally, Hydraulic Kit Components u.s.a., Hydraulic Kit Components united states | Hydraulicircuit Technology, Inc

Might add-on to your quick hitch to put a rotator pin mount.
Wedgelock Products | Forestry Coupler

teakwood

Quote from: Riwaka on February 24, 2019, 05:21:17 AMIf there was a spare valve in the excavator's main valve bank that was used or a foot pedal control for the rotator and extra piping. (fairly big expense) Pedal valve

I already have the whole system on the excavator, the pedal, the valves, hammer/sheer piping. now i connected the grapple open/close function by bypassing the bucket cyl. if i find a rotator i would connect the rotating function over the foot pedal.
But i'm not looking very hard, i have about 3 loads left this year and then it will be 3years wait before the next thinning, so i deal with it in 3 years. the mine permit is hopefully given to me within months so who knows in 3 years there will be more machines available or at least i will have the finances to buy whatever i need. I think my old 540A skidder will need to be replaced also for the next thinning.
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

teakwood

Just some more pics. we finished falling. have 400 left to skid and maybe 3-4 loads of shortwood and lots of good logs for the sawmill

My helpers

those trees are 13 years old

these are excellent areas 

teakwood

Finished the thinning with all the sawing too.

before selecting and bucking

After

selecting the shortwood and the thicker longwood which gets sawn

last load

thankyou fest for my workers and the buyer. some beers and meat

Topic in the sawmill section

http://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=106044.msg1651974#msg1651974

Thank You Sponsors!