iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

one question

Started by hiya, August 21, 2005, 07:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hiya

I see that the swing blades use lub. How is it put on the blade. Just one side???? Have yet to figure that out  :P.
thanks,
Richard
RichardinMd.

D._Frederick

With hex head cap screws,

DanG

Looks to me like they just dribble a little water on the blade near where it enters the log.  Shouldn't be necessary, but it is a compromise to accomodate the quest for the almighty "thin kerf." ???
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Arthur

A good sharpe blade should not need any lub.

The EcoSaw dribbles water onto the centre of the blade to help collect the fine dust particles. This helps get them into large enough lumps for the blade to clear. 

Usefull in dry wood.

You can also put various fluids with the water to help with the sap from softwoods.  Helps clean it off the blade.

arthur

Dakota

On my Lucas, water just drips onto the blade.  It helps to keep the pitch off the blade.
Dave Rinker

Kedwards

I use palmolive soap in my water drip in the summer and windshield wiper fluid in the winter. Both have done wonders for me
His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like socks in a dryer without cling free

hiya

I guess that answers my question. I think I will forget about lub unless I need it.
Thanks, Richard
RichardinMd.

Thank You Sponsors!