iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Simple jewelry box

Started by coalsmok, December 20, 2014, 11:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coalsmok

Made this for our little girls Christmas.  1/2" yellow poplar Dad and I cut on the circle mill a few years ago lined with red velvet.

Ljohnsaw

But doesn't all the jewelry just fall out ;)  Very nice work, pretty grain - I'm sure they will love it! :)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

mesquite buckeye

A little girl is going to be very happy.

You can rotate the pictures if you go to "my gallery". There is a crop and rotate button. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

coalsmok

8)the pics are righ side up when I see them on my phone. May need some help :-\

beenthere

When you get them into your gallery, there is a button to click that will let you correct them in your gallery.
Looks like this..

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

Seem to be alot of that going on with pictures sideways and the OP saying,they look fine to me. Hard to fix something when it looks good to the OP.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coalsmok

Well I turned them upside down to me, hope they are right for everyone else now. :snowball:

Had to get on a laptop to see that they were not right side up. On my Iphone and Ipad they were right side up.  Think I got it right now. :P

Ljohnsaw

:-\ Now they will fall out the other side.  :D
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

mesquite buckeye

Now I don't get dizzy looking at it anymore. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Swatson

I cant figure out which one I like better: working with wood or making the tools to work with wood.

Delawhere Jack

Of course, now she's going to want jewelery for every Christmas and birthday to fill it up.  :D

Nice work. I like the knob for lifting the tray out, pretty clever.

coalsmok

I had planned to have a middle divider with built in pull but when I saw the drawer pull changed my mind. Daddy's little girl loves to get flowers from me. 
Have a necklace to go in the box before she gets it so I guess it's more like the wrapping around a gift.

Martha White Nelson

Nice work on the jewelry box!  I'm sure the girls will love it.
Martha

Swatson

Using wood that you cut yourself to make something special is very satisfying.  I love it when people ask where I got the wood from for a project. 
I cant figure out which one I like better: working with wood or making the tools to work with wood.

Thank You Sponsors!