iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

dolmar 7900

Started by treechopper40, February 27, 2014, 10:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treechopper40

I picked up a super clean low hours 7900 dolmar today for $100 its the one with the orange top the flywheel loosened up an it messed up the inside of the flywheel the crankshaft and threads are fine it just needs a flywheel and a new key anyone else ever have flywheel problems with ther 7900 dolmar ?
1979 c5d treefarmer 1966 c5b treefarmer prentice g model loader 2 6100 dolmars a 6400 dolmar and a 7910 dolmar 2012 ford f 250 4x4 with a service body and 2 golden retreivers

sawguy21

You made out like a bandit.  :D Question is, why it was scrapped it over a damaged flywheel? Somebody didn't torque the nut to specs. As long as the crank taper is not scored and the key way isn't hogged out it should be a simple fix.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Andyshine77

The key is just for alignment, the taper holds the flywheel in place.. If you can see where the key was, simply index the flywheel on the crank and bolt it down.   
Andre.

Peter Drouin

I like mine and the thing runs good , I just can't keep a motor mount in it , the little springs keeps breaking . But it is the fastest saw I have run in the last 40 years :D :D :D ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Andyshine77

The newer models have a limiter that prevents the over travel.
Andre.

Thank You Sponsors!