iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cas Haley & Tyler Dow Bryant

Started by TexasTimbers, August 01, 2007, 12:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

We do not watch Start Search, America's Got Talent those kinds of shows but I think we will be for a while. This Cas Haley guy is another from right down the highway from me. Paris I think. Geez this guy is good. If you aren't familiar with him give it a listen. Evenif you don't like the song you gotta admit this kid is super talented.

Cas Haley Youtube Video

I "discovered" him lietening to our local college radio KETR which features Texas musicians only, on Saturday nights I think 9 - 12.. I had to Google him after hearing him interviewed. Don't let the country music intro fool you. Hang with it for a minute and listen to reggae - he'll make you like it!

Edit: Changed Title
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Jeff

Kevin, he is absolutely a great talent. I have been watching America's got Talent JUST because of him, weather he wins that show or not, he will be a star. You can't deny what he has and it comes from him with such apparent ease and joy. Yep, if you dont know who he is, you will. No denying it. He also seems to be truly in love with his family.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Jeff

Another thing about america has talent.  Lots of it is goofy, but man, they are down to the top 10 and they really have found some talent.   Not just singers. Maybe you might think that a ventriloquist would be a hokey act?

Check this guy out. He does impersonations, his dummy's do impersonations, he can sing. His dummy's sometimes sing even better. He certainly is a talent and I would love take my family and go see a show he puts on somewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/v/kTSFhIv9bYg

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

TexasTimbers

Well I think my wife and I are gonna become regular watchers of AGT. That ventriloquist guy is awesome too. You are right there is alot of talent in these 10 finalists.

Kevin

Those are both great!  Thanks.

TexasTimbers

Then of course there is Tyler Dow Bryant from Honey Grove, Texas. Although he claims Paris, Texas also. Tyler is an even greater talent really. A guitar prodigy tapped as the next Stevie Ray Vaughan, his playing recently earned him the right to perform at Eric Clapton's 2007 Crossroads Guitar Festival.

Imagine sharing the stage with Eric Clapton, BB King, Johnny Winter, Sheryl Crow, Jeff Beck, Steve Winwood, and John Mayer just to name a few. Imagine that you have been known by these world renown musicians for over 2 years. Now imagine all this and you are just 16 years old! That's Tyler.

He is still so young his singing still sounds a little "boyish" but you can tell he is going to have a great, full voice. He will make it even if he lost his voice because his guitar playing is so phenomenal. Must be something in the water in Paris, Texas.

Here he is at just 14 years of age.

He had no "inside contacts" or "strings". He is getting there on pure amazing talent. Same as Cas.

Thank You Sponsors!