iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Did you know....?

Started by SwampDonkey, February 23, 2007, 04:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Actor Walter Matthau was a government forester in Montana? The sources I've read on this suggested he got the position fresh out of high school, so I'm thinking it may have been more of a forest ranger position, maybe even a fire tower watchman. Probably not really a forester as we know it. But interesting non-the-less.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

He was a good actor, A favorite, but not your typical "pretty" actor. Now that you mention it he did look much more like a forester. Ain't none of you guys that are real pretty...
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ron Wenrich

Hey!  I resemble that remark.   :D
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

SwampDonkey

Well I wasn't gonna say anything but.........they say.....

BALD IS BEAUTIFUL[/size]

Yours truly is no exception.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Texas Ranger

Some where I saw a picture of him at a high camp in his puttees and riding britches that they used to wear.  Didn't look much like a Grouchy Old Man.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

SwampDonkey

He made a pretty good sheriff in 'Lonely are the Brave' ;D

thurlow

Saw him and Jack Lemmon just last night in "The Front Page".  :)  Don't know which I like better; their version or the Cary Grant/Rosalind Russell, "His Girl Friday".  Both are head and shoulders above the Burt Reynolds/Kathleen Turner "Switching Channels".
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

SwampDonkey

Yes, I've seen that one a few times. I have it on tape. I also like them both in 'The Odd Couple', from which a TV sitcom evolved with Tony Randall and what's his name from Quincy MD, back in the 70's.

Matthau was in 'The Fortune Cookie' with Lemmon and 'Charade' with Kennedy and A. Hepburn, which were good films as well. 'Fail-Safe', 'Mirage', 'A Guide for the Married Man', 'Who's Got the Action', 'A face in the Crowd' are other good films.

WDH

I am stunned by the "ugly" comment.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

isawlogs

I met a few of the foresters on here and know of a few more around here ....  and I almost have to agree with Jeff ... and thats not because he is resereving me a place ta park my butt at de piggy thingy ... no sir .... ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

::) A forester's day is never dull.  Wait a minute, I'm not to sure about that. :D :D

WDH

isawlogs,

Your motives are certainly questionable.  Maybe your judgement has been frozen  ;).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!