iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TimberKing Service

Started by wesdor, August 03, 2021, 10:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wesdor

I have had a long association with Holden  Village (a church retreat center in a remote part of the Cascade Mountains).  Some of you may recall that a friend and I spent several weeks in 2013 running their new TimberKing sawmill and cutting lumber for use in a major renovation project for the Village.  

My wife and I returned from Holden recently and while there, I was involved in a discussion regarding sawing more lumber.  The sawmill has not been out of a storage container during the Covid pandemic and getting everything running again seems to be a challenge.  I was told they had about 60 blades but all of them were dull, they did have the TimberKing sharpening and setting system, but the whetstone was gone. 
Yesterday I received a text saying they would be trying to get the sawmill running again but needed new blades or at least the whetstone for the sharpening system.

This morning I called TimberKing and spoke with Matt.  When I told him that I had returned from Holden he asked me if that was the place you had to travel 7 hours by ferry?  I confirmed he had the right place in mind.  He was able to look up the whetstone and provided the correct one, then was also able to ship out a box of Ultra Max Blades.  Everything should arrive by next week (the boat takes much longer than any regular delivery) and Holden should be up and running again.  

A big thanks to Matt and TimberKing for excellent service and good records on their customers.

Larry

Yes, last week my computer setworks went down with a intermittent problem.  Called Mike and we were able to diagnose the problem and get it fixed in short order.  Try doing that with any 11 year old machine or PC and most manufactures would laugh at ya.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

farmfromkansas

If my 16 year old Cooks MP32 were a Ford, it would already be obsolete.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

doc henderson

Matt has helped me out of several binds.  he is a good historian for the company.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Thank You Sponsors!