iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What killed the chicken coop?

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, June 10, 2011, 11:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bill m

I think I would check to see if that rock has a twin still up there before I rebuild anything. ;D
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Ron Scott

I'd move the coop to a safer location. ;)
~Ron

Weekend_Sawyer

Randy,  That rock gets to stay right where it is.

Ron, What are the odds of it happening twice? but I will scout the area first.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

cutterboy

I think there is a big buck up on the ridge trying to get even with you. :D
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

isawlogs

That thing had momemtom written all over it. When you set the coop back up and are in the rebuild mode, put a window looking out the back and at least two exit   ememergency openings out the sides with a clear path out a ways  :o   
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

LOGDOG

I think I found the culprit y'all .... Does this seem irresponsible to anyone else?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBgbBK85I0c&feature=feedrec_grec_index

clww

WS-That is incredible! Thankfully nobody was injured or worse when that boulder took it's stroll!
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Paul_H

Makes a lot of work for the fallers to clean up the carnage and puts them in danger from the snapped off trees and widowmakers.You can bet they have a drill rig close by but were unwilling to take the time.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

sandhills

I don't think "irresponsible" is the word I'd use for that.

beenthere

Likely a lot more than that rolled downhill from that road cut. But I won't judge what was done, one way or 'tother.  ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

5quarter

I'd put the chicken coop right back where it was with one major addition...skid that boulder back up and put it directly between the hill and the coop. ;)
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Weekend_Sawyer

I was up taking it apart a few weeks ago. I had been given some old windows and a real old door to use in it.
Not one of them was broken.

My plan now is to rebuild it across the field from that hill. When I was clearing the field I moved a few medicine ball sized rocks from the area, might have been an indication huh? Ah well, some people need a hint, some need a brick, looks like I need a boulder!

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

isawlogs

Put it back where it was , now you have a shootin' lane  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!