iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pics of our mill..... Finally!!!

Started by Wash. Tinner, June 22, 2013, 06:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wash. Tinner

A little messy with the renovation but that's the gist of it. Monday or Tuesday we will be replacing the track for the carriage. You can see the angle on the log deck.

nk14zp

Belsaw 36/18 duplex mill.
Belsaw 802 edger.
http://belsawsawmills.freeforums.org/

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

r.man

Looks very nice, I knew a fellow who used car power plants like that but he didn't bother taking the bodies off them. Back them in, jack them up and hook them up to the mill. Left everything intact except he added a remote throttle at the sawyers station. His grandson was reminiscing lately to me how he remembered hopping in the car to start it so his grandfather could saw.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Wash. Tinner

On the last pic you can see the tach and there is a hand throttle there too. still working on the timing of the motor but got the timing tab today from a guy that had a extra motor with one on it. Its kinda hard to find something that is no longer produced and 33 yrs old.

loggah

Those old 6 cylinder  engines are pretty tough!! nice looking building over that belsaw!! Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

manoverboard

Very nice! I love the look and it's in the shade!!!
TimberKing 2000, 35hp Diesel, Kubota L3800 w/loader

Herb Brooks

Now that there is a slick nickel.  I think it is cool that folks use stuff that they got.  Not so much what can I "buy" but what can I "do" with what I have. Many, many kudos.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

justallan1

Nice setup. I really like the shed, it will be nice summer or winter.

Allan

drobertson

Good work washtinner! looks about ready for some serious production,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

redbeard

Yes in deed , well thought out saw Bld. Good job.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Wash. Tinner

Thanks for the compliments guys, as soon as the mill is producing again we have to resaw some wood for our needs for the new barn. After the new barn is up, another old one is coming down and being rebuilt. There is lots of sawdust in the future, hopefully not too long though.

bandmiller2

Interesting lashup you've got there tinner how did you lock up the offside brake on that differential if done right it would be a good safety device if something hung up.Do you have problems with speed droop in logs.?? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Wash. Tinner

Quote from: bandmiller2 on June 24, 2013, 06:59:17 AM
Interesting lashup you've got there tinner how did you lock up the offside brake on that differential if done right it would be a good safety device if something hung up.Do you have problems with speed droop in logs.?? Frank C.
There isn't a brake on the offside of the diff. and the only safety device is a lock out on the tranny that keeps you from going into reverse/park. Ive never been into the diff. yet but I think Grandpa just took the axle out. There is a plate on that side that plugs the hole. Yes, we have had problems with drops in speed while in the cut and our solution is to feed the log slower, before it was get'r up to RPM and let'r eat at full feed rate. That has changed, after heating 2 saws through 4 cuts and getting retensioned and new teeth to a tune $390. Like I said in my first thread, battling Grandpa has been a HUGE battle because "Ive done this 30 years and this is how it is done". It dosent matter to him what the owners manual says or the sawyer at the shop says to him or any other text says. Now we know where the motor RPM has to stay and adjust feed by feathering the carriage through the cut until we can change the pulley that drives the carriage ahead to slow the feed down.

Thank You Sponsors!