iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Let me tell you about my WM LT28 w/25hp

Started by gator gar, May 09, 2010, 04:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gator gar

The more I run this machine, the more I love it. I apologize to all that tried to suggest the sap building up on my blade and belts was the reason I was knocking the blades off. I'm just hardheaded at times and just don't want to believe some things. Well, I've got a piece on there now, that was just like the last piece, full of that rich fat lighter sap. The longer I work my mill, the more I understand it. The way the motor sounds when it is running, the way the blade sounds as it is cutting. I think I can close my eyes a little now and actually tell what is going on just by sound. I've sawn 3/4 of these pieces and haven't thrown a blade yet, just by doing what I am supposed to do with the water solution. Keeping the blade clean.

I had my doubts at first cause of my problems, but now, the more I cut with it, the more I love it. I'm a good 12-15 years older now, since my last mill I owned and it seems like I had more energy on the last one. Especially after cutting those 4x6x16, I cut yesterday. I cut and stacked a pretty good stack of wood and post yesterday, right by myself. Seems the more I cut, the better I feel and the better I feel about buying this mill.

I gues my buddy that helped me on cutting some lumber last week doesn't feel the same way about it. I paid him his cut and haven't seen him since. He took a third of the total intake, so I don't think it was the lack of money. I just think sawmilling is for some and not for others.

ARKANSAWYER

And all the Brothers in the back stand and say "AMEN!"
ARKANSAWYER

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

riverswamp sawyer

Chuck White

I love sawing!

I love sawing!           I love sawing!          I love sawing!         I love sawing!        I love sawing!          I love sawing!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Left Coast Chris

Hi Gator,

Nothing like a good running mill.   I have a mill very similar to yours.  Built it myself.  I have a 24 HP Honda on it.  I did a few mods to be able to cut larger logs.   How wide of a cut can you make on the LT28"?   I believe mine is 27" and 28" if some of the log is protruding out over the back side.  Also, are you using the log turner assuming you mill is all manual?

Wrestling the big logs often makes me want hydraulics as I get older but its hard to justify for hobby sawing and light custom sawing.   If a 12v hydraulic pump happens by I will get more serious with the hudraulics.

Keep having fun....... Im with ya!  :) :)
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Thank You Sponsors!