iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

parts for husky

Started by roscoe234, March 12, 2006, 11:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roscoe234

Hey y'all

Ive  got a husky 281xp.  i bought it new in 1988 in California and know the saw only has a very few hours on it.

Around 4 yrs ago son let a big limb fall on it damaged some parts been sitting in my shed since.

Cleaning out the shed the other day was gonna toss the saw in the trash buttttt    decided to put some fuel in and give  it a try.  It surprised me as it started within 4 or 5 pulls.....sooooooooo Im thinking Id like to find the parts and make it right.

I'll b needing  front handle,  part of the chainbrake assy, top cover.....ummmm think that'd do it.....maybe a new chain.  I have a 28" and a 36" bar.

I would use the saw same as in the past cut wood.

It'd hurt me   to have to toss it.....so thought id see wot u fellers had to say about the old girls fate..worth messing with or not??? Location of some used parts would be useful as well.

Hope ive posted this properly as it's the first time.....:))))))

RR

treeape

they were a good running saw. the parts will come up on ebay, don't rush it and don't over bid. 288 parts should work also.

Hoop

I may have a 281 parts saw.  Know for a fact I have a couple of 288 parts saws.  I'll check tomorrow.

roscoe234

Hoop

Tks for checking on that 281/288

I have the parts manual that came with the saw that lists 281 & 288 together so parts should work. Lemme know  wotcha have.

I have a bud lives up there maybe save some freight charges.  Marion Wi; ever heard of it ?? Ive not looked it up on the map...........

RR
RR

roscoe234

Treape

Been watching ebay  but as normal dont see wot ya want wen ya want  but i havent given up.........yet  !

RR
RR

treeape

Quote from: roscoe234 on March 14, 2006, 10:36:55 AM
Treape

Been watching ebay  but as normal dont see wot ya want wen ya want  but i havent given up.........yet  !

RR

hang in there they will come around, my 288 lite is still running. when and if it ever dies the parts are yours ;D

roscoe234

treeape

Made me chuckle with that.  Im already 62 yrs old......wont b long and the 281 be too much saw for me  ..........Maybe already  !!!   
RR
RR

roscoe234

tks for pointing that out         im sure i woulda went right on by it but now im watch'n it   ...................:)
RR

roscoe234

treeape   

watch'n the top cover u pointed out on ebay    bidz @ $22....something..............1.5 days  left    wotta ya think????????     too much........??........
RR

treeape

Quote from: roscoe234 on March 28, 2006, 08:21:56 PM
treeape   

watch'n the top cover u pointed out on ebay    bidz @ $22....something..............1.5 days  left    wotta ya think????????     too much........??........

i think i would pass, with the shipping it would be too much. i watch ebay alot so i'll keep you posted

Kirk_Allen

Contact Baileys and get a price on the parts you need. 

I just orderd the handle/throttle assembly and new mounts for my 372xp and Baileys had it at my door in two days and $30.00 cheaper than the local husky dealer could or would do it. 

Thank You Sponsors!