iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My chance to field test a LogRite canthook

Started by Jeff, May 16, 2005, 11:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Today I had all 5 of my cant hooks by my mill. 4 different configurations of Dixies and one LogRite.  After testing all of them with my brother-in-law, ( we were trying to load logs on the mill with a sick winch) I can tell you rignt now, if there are any takers, I'll trade all 4 dixies for one more logrite.  NO COMPARISON!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chet

Are you tellin' me dat da two 60 inchers dat yur supposed to bring to me from Sawlex ain't gonna be safe.  :'( 

Kevin,
I may git back to ya with an alternate delivery plan.  ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

pigman

Jeff, Please tell us you are not using the logrite hook with the names on it. :(
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Jeff

Quote from: pigman on May 16, 2005, 11:16:00 PM
Jeff, Please tell us you are not using the logrite hook with the names on it. :(

You should know better then to even ask that.  I sold that one a while back. ;D

No worries, its right here next to my desk. I have a blue one that I bought long before I got the FF hook.

isawlogs

I had a chance , well an apportunaty to try one out over the weekend . They are purdy good , work real well . But    ;D     I figured they could use a little modification    ;D ;D  So when I got home I started to think this over     :o ::) :P :P :P and came up with one ...   Seams to me it will work real good now  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Part_Timer

Jeff

I bought a 24 inch hook last month and realy like it to help hold logs while you dog them down on the mill.  Last week I got my 60" hook and log carrier and I'm not sure how I lived without them.  I also got the bolt on arm to turn the hook into a stand for cutting fire wood.  I haven't had a chance to try it but maybe this weekend.  I broke the handle on my wooden hook and now that I've used the log rite tools I'm not going to fix the wooden one.  Guess I'll put it on ebay with my $40,000 red oak :D

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

GF

I have to agree the Logrite hooks are definitly worth the money, got my 60" a week or so ago and been using the heck out of it.  No more wood handles for me.  I am glad someone took on the initiative to build a good tool with quality in mind.

OneWithWood

I have to admit I was a bit skeptical when I first heard about the logrite cants.  Then I purchased a 60 incher. 

I am here to tell the world that cant hook is the best I have ever used  ;D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

I'm sure glad Kevin paid attention in Geometry class, as the geometry in the cant hooks is flawless.

maple flats

Yep, they're good. Best I've ever used. I got a 60"er and love it, previouslt had an OLD oak handled 60" that was almost worthless. Wouldn't grab a lot of logs unless the diameter was in a very narrow range. My logrite 60 grabs everyone I try and on first try. Besides the 60" the hook geometry is perfect.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

maple flats

Just wondering, why didn't I think of this years ago, I got a 100 all year in geometry, even the final exam. I could have been on the road to RICHES if I was a little more imaginative and inventive, oh well, great job Kevin.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

isawlogs

I had a chance over the weekend to try out the LogRite cant hooks in companie of Captain , over at the Peterson tent .  First time for me to see a swing mill in action , Craig sure knew how to make it look easy  ;) . I helped him place a few logs for his mill to eat up . Met Kevin there from LogRite , and a bunch of forum members , those hooks are really well designed .... they do what they are made to , bite on a log and dont let go until you want it to .
   I was looking at those a found a way of making them a bit more practical ...  ;)   So Kevin  here is what I came up with ....

I thought you might like to have one for your pocket to write down all the orders for them as they come in ...

Kevin ,   a special thanks for the hat Looks as good as the hooks .
Marcel

A note with a mailling address  and it will be on its way  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Pete J

I hope we don't develop a complex from all this praise. I for one, have no desire to hang out with movie stars and high ranking government officials that all go to parties and tell each other how great they are. One thing leads to another and then we'll end up at the Betty Ford clinic.

I'm hoping we at LogRite stay grounded and hanging out with the real people!

BTW, thanks again. Your kind words are the best!

Jeff

We'll be the first to let you know if you get out of line... ;)

Tom

Yeah, by golly!

Don't get the big pants.   I know there's gotta be something wrong with these fool things, I just haven't found it yet.   I'm a lookin' though.  I'll get you before it's all over.   You won't get the chance to be Hi faluttin' with me.   I'm to cynical.  :D

Frank_Pender

I am with you, Jeff and Tom.  Someone sure had their designing in line for the Peavy,s. 
Frank Pender

GF

I did notice that my Logrite cant hook had a left handed handle instead of a right handed handle.   :D :D ;D

Gilman

GF,
If you think that's bad, Mine showed up and it was Metric  >:(
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Gilman

Kathy, my dad and I had a good example of how good the logrite tools are this weekend.

We were unloading the top sequoia log (stolen from Frank's turf ;D) off the trailer this weekend (wedged between two other logs)  I stick my 72" Arky into it and heave, nope.  "Kathy need some help."  She sticks the logrite 60" peavey first try and we both lift away and it starts to go.  Kathy doesn't have much experience with peaveys (yet  ;D) and I didn't want to let go with just her holding it.  Dad was there so I asked him to get our old wooden cant hook.  He climbs up and <Stick> no bite, <Stick> no bite... It must of took him 10 attempts to get through that soft bark and down to some meat. 

8) 8) 8) GREAT job on the design Kevin!  Makes it easy to them!  8) 8)  8)
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Thank You Sponsors!