iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: I GOT ME ONE, I GOT ME ONE

Started by Den Socling, April 14, 2004, 12:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furby

I for one don't think you guys are NUTZ!
Maybe that just makes me NUTZ as well, but I really DO like the concept. I really hate to see ya give it up, but without actually seeing you all do it, I guess it's a hard call for me to understand what you have to do to make it work. ::)

DanG

Furby, I know Harold personally. HE'S NUTZ!  ;D ;D  Somehow, that don't keep him from being a fine feller, a great innovator and a hard worker, though. He ain't so NUTZ that he don't stay on the boat while pore ol' Ed goes into the cold water with the gators and snakes, though. :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

VA-Sawyer

Is that why FDH has been wearing that ugly cammo hat ? Hiding from ED.... and here I thought he was just trying to get used to all that CR jungle.  
QuoteHe ain't so NUTZ that he don't stay on the boat while pore ol' Ed goes into the cold water with the gators and snakes, though.    
There is a difference between being NUTZ and being STUPID !

VA-Sawyer

Furby

old_hb

Ok. Problem with tuning in very very late, is that I have no idea of what it is exactly that you have. Is it an old oil tank? If so, do you know anyone in the Staunton, Charlottesville, lexington, Harrisonburg area of VA  that wants one? I've got a 1000 gallon one. I have another question for you out there. I inherited a 30 foot greenhouse and wanted to dry wood in it. Any ideas? I have been using green poplar to build a barn/workshop but would like to use some of the wood for indoor shelving. Thanks, HB

WH_Conley

old-hb, covered with black plastic, that would male a right smart collector. Check out to thread on Solar Kiln on this forum.
Bill

Fla._Deadheader

HB, we are discussing an old Propane Tank. It is ¼" thick steel, and should take a pretty good Vacuum pull, without collapsing. Wood in a Vacuum will dry without much degrade, due to the heat being lower while the wood is wet.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

old_hb

Thanks, It did look like a tank of some sort. In my mountain place, we had a 1000 gal. oil tank which only heated a run down boiler. I stopped using it four years ago and use propane instead. I'd love to get rid of the oil tank.
I've used green poplar to build me a workshop and carport but the mill which provides me with the wood (CHEAP) also has green ash, walnut, oak and occasionally cherry. I'd love to use that for some indoor projects but don't have a place to dry the wood. Always looking for some means of using the green wood. I'll try draping black plastic over my green house and maybe installing some fans to drive out the moisture.

SwampDonkey

FD, I know I read some place on here that you was scrounging looking around for parts to get that kiln made in CR. I don't have any leads for parts and such, but was wondering about some follow up on your progress.  Be nice to set some of that Pilón you been sawing into it, eh? ;D 8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Fla._Deadheader

SD, I located the perfect thing. Time, money, and too many projects are keeping me from proceeding. Fred and I talked about doing the Vacuum Kiln, but, we never got to it.
   First, it is ridiculed;

Tom

I sawed some Tuits the other day, Dead-header.  I'll save you a few for your next trip. ;D

Fla._Deadheader

If you do, you better clean out that metal barn to store 'em in.  8) :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

leweee

Yes Tom those round Tuits is DanG handy things to have. :D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

SwampDonkey

:D :D I didn't know what Tom was talking about 'til Leweee 'splaned it all.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!