iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Echo 610

Started by lumberjack48, April 15, 2012, 08:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumberjack48

Have any of you ran a Echo CST 610 EVL  Twin cylinder? I have never seen one until today, i ran in to one thats for sale.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Clam77

The Acres site says it's simultaneously firing opposed pistons... I'd assume it's a torquey lil thing...   
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

sawguy21

It is an interesting piece. I have seen one run, incredibly smooth but heavy and bulky. Not very practical for the everyday logger.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

ladylake

Those sell for a lot of money on Ebay.     Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

snowstorm

someone that worked for me back in the mid 80's had one. it was the answer to a question that no one asked. the echo's were tuff and stood up well. when the echo rep asked me what i thought of them. told him they run good but they handle like a shoe box

ladylake

New Echo saws handle about as good as it gets.    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

eiklj

I own one, nearly brand new. I've used it a few times. Lots of torque. Incredibly smooth, no vibration. They sound tuff.
I don't use it much as parts are nearly impossible to get. I've seen them go on Ebay from $600 to $1200 depending on condition. Mostly a collector's saw, not a daily work saw.
A 20" bar is the longest bar I would put on this saw as it's only 61 cc.
je

Thank You Sponsors!