lyle niemi

Peter Drouin

Well at least your eyes won't dry up and fall out of your head  ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

VictorH

MikeZ

I know the feeling Lyle, that was me yesterday. Cut, split, and stacked a lot of firewood and even fired up the mill made some boards. Got some cherry and elm sliced up, first time since last fall to run sawmill. I don't think my restless legs even twitched last night!
MikeZ  Homemade  Mill

backwoods sawyer

Can relate to that, spent the morning climbing around in the fruit trees giving them their annual hair cut, had the brush on the burn pile by noon and finished the day out digging a 4'x4'x4 hole the old fashioned way.  Oh the aches and pains of spring.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Shetland Sheepdog

Lyle, ya better check in!  :-\
Tink's gettin' lonesome!  :o :D
Proud operators of Sunset Tree Farm. 130 acres of "hilly" forest, and part of the American Tree Farm System.

SawyerBrown

Hey, Lyle, check out my favorite saying (used by my Dad on me on MANY an occasion): "If you're gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough!"   ;D
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

lyle niemi

Quote from: SawyerBrown on February 27, 2014, 10:16:20 AM
Hey, Lyle, check out my favorite saying (used by my Dad on me on MANY an occasion): "If you're gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough!"   ;D
LOL! Ilike that one, Im gonna remember it and use it

redprospector

Quote from: lyle niemi on February 26, 2014, 07:51:49 PM
cause it even hurts to blink..lol
You mean you can still blink? Couldn't have been that bad then.  :D
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Magicman

This ole man came in dragging his tail yesterday.  Carpentering and roofing is tough.

I gotta get back to the sawmill so I can rest up.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

rhino135

its been to cold to anything out side, this morning at 6:30 it was -18 mill resting under cover just waiting for spring to break,(think it might be awhile till we see warm weather) o well can always hope,time to put more wood on the fire.

lyle niemi

Quote from: rhino135 on February 28, 2014, 10:01:10 AM
its been to cold to anything out side, this morning at 6:30 it was -18 mill resting under cover just waiting for spring to break,(think it might be awhile till we see warm weather) o well can always hope,time to put more wood on the fire.
Its -30C out here this morning, I might make this a shop day.LOL

JoeB

Yea, what S-S said.....
They's worried about You.
Need somebody in the barrel!!!
LOL!

Sixacresand

I was running boards through a planer yesterday and sat down for a while.  When I went to get up the back locked up again.  I made it to the house for an ice pack and pain pill.  Better today, but taking today off.  Hoping by Monday it will be healed up.  Like MagicMan, better to be milling.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

chopperdr47

I've been building my work platform for my mill using green rough cut red oak. I have to set my construction goals a little lower using that stuff. There wasn't enough advil in the house this morning.
If ya ain't got what ya need, use what ya got

Planman1954

Quote from: Magicman on February 28, 2014, 08:21:30 AM
This ole man came in dragging his tail yesterday.  Carpentering and roofing is tough.

I gotta get back to the sawmill so I can rest up.   ;D
Yeah...I saw that chair on your mill! You get to SIT DOWN when you saw! That ain't fair...you need to spread the wealth!
Speaking of worn out, you ought to try loading an 18' pine log on a manual mill with a cant hook and a manual winch. :)
It was actually harder to tote the 18' 2x10s off the mill to the stack than it was to load the log! It nearly killed me...I'm in the bed with my laptop trying to recover! :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

SawyerBrown

Quote from: Planman1954 on March 01, 2014, 07:59:04 PM
I'm in the bed with my laptop trying to recover! :D

Planman, I'm trying to figure out how a laptop is going to help.  But, hey, if it eases aches and pains, I'm gonna have to get me one!  :D
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Magicman

Quote from: Planman1954 on March 01, 2014, 07:59:04 PM
Yeah...I saw that chair on your mill! You get to SIT DOWN when you saw! That ain't fair...you need to spread the wealth! 
Not only do I have a seat, I also have an umbrella.  I replaced the umbrella cover today.

I paint them with Thompson's Water Seal and they last about 4 years.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

RPowers

Quote from: MikeZ on February 26, 2014, 08:12:44 PM
I don't think my restless legs even twitched last night!

I hate restless legs, they keep me up all the time. Worse when I've sat down driving or something all day.
2013 Woodmizer LT28G25 (sold 2016)
2015 Woodmizer LT50HDD47

SawyerBrown

Wow, other RLS sufferers.  Been struggling with it for years.  I think I'll start another post and see what others are doing about it ...

MikeZ

Wow! Other RlS sufferers. Glad to hear, but very sorry for all. Have taken about everything under the sun from home remedies to prescription drugs, still no relief. Have been to several doctors and ask everyone, but always get the  ??? Of all my problems that is the one I would really like to whip, instead of getting so pilled up and walking the house till 3 or 4 a.m. Get so tired all I want do is go to bed, but noooo, got to keep legs happy and keep moving. Sorry, just a little venting going on almost got carried away.
MikeZ  Homemade  Mill

SawyerBrown

Mike, I've been there too and it's no fun!  I've started another thread out on General Board if you want to join in the discussion.  (I'd add one of those fancy links if I could figure out how to do it!)  Good luck on getting some sleep tonight!

bandmiller2

Guys I'am really not qualified to give medical advice but, prehaps your getting older and should pull the throttle back a notch or two. Mayby a warm shower and a happy snap or two before bed. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

SawyerBrown

Frank, you're absolutely right about the getting older part (better than the alternative!), but slowing down is bad (the more I sit around, the worse the RLS is), and happy snaps don't do much good either.  Hot herbal tea seems to be about the best.  OK, I guess I am getting older.   :)

bandmiller2

I do hope you guys realize I'am not making light of folks problems. Hopefully as we get older we realize we're not the bull moose we used to be. That's why I always champion hydraulics on a mill. I can do everything (almost) that I could do when young just can't do it as long or as hard. Work smarter not harder. Frank C.

lyle niemi

Quote from: bandmiller2 on March 03, 2014, 10:05:28 AM
I do hope you guys realize I'am not making light of folks problems. Hopefully as we get older we realize we're not the bull moose we used to be. That's why I always champion hydraulics on a mill. I can do everything (almost) that I could do when young just can't do it as long or as hard. Work smarter not harder. Frank C.
These fellas aint old Frank, theys just wrinkly..lol

bandmiller2

Lyle, if you keep putting in days like that, old age will be on fast forward. Stay warm mate. Frank C.

Magicman

smiley_old_guy wheeliechair  What does age have to do with anything?   ???   :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Coon

Old age as my grandmother described it... Can't see, can't pee, can't chew, can't scr#w....  :D  hope you guys aren't that far advanced yet.  :D   :D   :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: Coon on March 05, 2014, 09:26:24 AM
Old age as my grandmother described it... Can't see, can't pee, can't chew, can't scr#w....  :D  hope you guys aren't that far advanced yet.  :D   :D   :D

Coon,

As my Dad once said after someone described him as "Fat, Dumb and Happy."

"Two out of three ain't bad..."

Herb

goose63

Quote from: Coon on March 05, 2014, 09:26:24 AM
The golden years have come at last the golden years can kiss my behind 8) 8) 8) 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

MikeZ

So far the only thing I have found about the "Golden Years" is the color of my urine and of the door knobs of the doctors offices I see.
MikeZ  Homemade  Mill

Thank You Sponsors!