iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Member - saying hello

Started by DonE911, June 13, 2004, 06:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonE911

I've been lurking and reading a while and thought it would be a good time to say hello and thank everyone for all the great information ya'll post here.

I see Fla_Deadheader is just up the street....  

No mill yet, but hopefully soon.. probably a chainsaw type.

Thats it for now..

Got about 70 pages left on the board to read

Don

Tom

Welcome to the Forum, Don.

Ft Pierce is my and Charlies hometown. We get down there every once in a while. :)

Stump Jumper

Welcome aboard!  8)

Florida Deadheader is always looking for noisy top water bait so it is up to you if you want to go over there or not. :D :D ;)

Good luck on finding a mill.  

Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Bibbyman

Welcome DonE!

Read away!  :P Get it all read and they'll be a test. ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Danny_S

Welcome to the FF DonE. Enjoy yourself here and if you need professional advice, well, I dont know what to tell ya... :D  There is lots to learn in here so post often and read lots!
Plasma cutting at Craig Manufacturing

Fla._Deadheader

Hot Dang. 8) 8)  Got us a neighbor.  8) 8)  C'mon up and visit.  We are really in Sebastian. ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Ed_K

Welcome DonE,
 heres hopin you get sawdust in the veins real soon  :D.
Ed K

etat

I too just wanted to stop by and say howdy!!  Welcome to the Forum!
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Frickman

If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

ppeterson

Welcome DonE911,

Tell us about yourself. What do you do?
Why on earth do you want to get a sawmill?
Post it on the other thread labeled "How do you really make a living"?

Just curious!
You'll like it here talking to the forum people.

ppeterson

DonE911

Thanks for all the welcomes....

i guess I should add a little info....

What do I do? :   Work for a liv'n( ha ha ).. Work in public safety for about 16 years now.

DeadHead... where in sebastain?  I'm in Ft. Pierce off the midaway exit of I95... and do all these pine trees standing around here make good lumber?  

Why a sawmill??  hmmm... I've got all these trees that need to be lumber... home depot has to much of my money already and to be honest I just love cutting wood with my chainsaws... I really like to drive nails thru lumber and make stuff, I really hate going to home depot...  did I mention I like wood in general....  oh yeah...  
we are building a new house soon and I'll need stuff to build it out of....  

EZ

Welcome to the family of F.F. DonE.
EZ

Fla._Deadheader

DonE911, when we get back from the log camp this coming weekend, I will send my phone number to you.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

ronwood

Welcome to the Forestry Forum DonE.
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Percy

YO..Donald ;D
Nuther slave to the sawdust is always a welcome asset ;D ;DGot money to lose and a strong back?...Good :D :D :D :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

CHARLIE

DonE911 are you from Fort Pierce or did you move there? I was in Fort Pierce weekend before last.  When I lived there, there was no I95 and Midway road was a 2 lane road way out in the middle of nowhere. In fact, we used to do our drag racing on Midway because it was so desolate at night. Did you know that the Florida Turnpike orignially started in Fort Pierce and went to Miami? When it was built (I think about 1957), the government told us that the toll would only last until it was paid for.  Well, I see they still have the toll and in fact it is a lot more now.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

DonE911

Charlie,

Born and raised here.... Ft. Pierce is a totally different place now.  Your right I95 didn't used to go thru there....  it does now.  Midway is still 2 lanes but its not dirt anymore.  You cant drag race on it anymore because the traffic is to thick. Also the Sheriffs office is there as well as the main branch of the post office and the mental hospital....

Small town livin is over for good down here. Used to be able to buy land cheap... now a city lot not big enough for a house and a place for the dog to take a dump will cost ya $50 large and acerage is huge bucks...  

Tom

Mental Hospital?!"

DanG, everybody is coming to Florida! :-/ :)

ARKANSAWYER

Welcome DonE.  Go up and help Deadhead and you may change your mind.

Looks like Tom and Charles left town just in time or they would be in the Looney Ward. :D :D :D :D

ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Norwiscutter

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your aquisition of a mill.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Thank You Sponsors!