iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Im feeling better now!!!

Started by lyle niemi, November 30, 2014, 03:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

I should be able to start making lumber this week!!!! 8) Before I do I have a lot of snow plowing to do. Being down with a bad back is no fun and is hard on the bank account...lol Im sure glad the wife has a job to help out :new_year:

Dave Shepard

What's on the menu, more of those big planks? They really suck when you have to pick both ends at the same time. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

lyle niemi

Quote from: Dave Shepard on November 30, 2014, 03:34:34 PM
What's on the menu, more of those big planks? They really suck when you have to pick both ends at the same time. :D
Yep, more planks to do, 300 3x10x10s

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

lyle niemi

Quote from: Dave Shepard on November 30, 2014, 03:45:23 PM
What's that, about 19 tons? :o
not sure what the weight would be??? they are being made from spruce logs

Dave Shepard

15 tons?  :D Spruce won't be as bad. I thought you were cutting them out of that black poplar at one point.

lyle niemi

Quote from: Dave Shepard on November 30, 2014, 04:01:46 PM
15 tons?  :D Spruce won't be as bad. I thought you were cutting them out of that black poplar at one point.
those black poplar planks were 110lbs a piece, heavy stuff

dgdrls

Good news!!  now remember not to over do it!!

be well.

DGDrls

Meadows Miller

G'day

Great to hear Lyle  ;D 8) take it easy though I stuffed my shoulder up the other month but all good mate  :D

Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

customdave

Glad to see your doing better Lyle, but take it easy!!                                                                       Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

Kasba

I know how you feel. I bought my mill in May and wrecked my back in August. I have had 3 xrays, lots of physio, 1 ct scan and I still have not got any diagnosis on what is wrong with my back. The worst thing is I can only do a bit of milling and since I wrecked my back there has been 2 other people that have bought mills near by me, one of them asked me over the phone to quote a job  and he is now charging out his new mill business at over half the rate I charge. I don't understand why someone would want to undercut another so they can get the work when everyone could be getting a descent dollar. On the other hand it is good to see you are back on the mill and look forward to more posts.
Timbery M285 25hp, Husqvarna 570 auto tune, Alaskan sawmill, Nova 1624 wood lathe, Dogo Argentino

bandmiller2

Lyle with age comes wisdom (not always), work smart like an old man, think before you grab something. You will be able to do everything you used to, but at a slower pace. Your a clever lad Lyle,when you do something that strains your back stop and devise a different way. If we're smart we can do the long haul. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!