iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cool trees

Started by Den Socling, May 15, 2016, 01:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

While picking out some pictures for Ian's Bush walk with the kids, I came across these that we took in a park in Auckland. Very cool trees.

I really like that last picture.

LeeB

I like the third one. Looks like dragon's feet.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Ianab

Your last picture is some big old Pohutukawa trees. Also known as NZ Christmas tree as it's covered with bright red flowers around the end of December, which is also the start of Summer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrosideros_excelsa

Very resistant to salt and wind, so it's a fixture an pretty much every NZ beach. In fact if you see a random picture of pretty much any Nth Island beach, there will be at least one of those trees in it some place.  :D

Careful what you wish for, it's considered an invasive weed in Sth Africa, and they aren't too keen on it in California where it's been planted as an ornamental. It's a pretty little bush at first, then it grows to the size of those in the picture, with an Invasive root system, and pruning doesn't kill it, it just makes it more determined. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Den Socling

Well I would like one in my front yard!

Autocar

Beautiful trees for sure X'2 I would like one of them also  ;D
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!