iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Safety Info, discussion

Started by Husky Scot, September 13, 2010, 06:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Husky Scot

Hi Guys,

Just an introduction to say hi, and regarding any safety issues please ping them off to me and I will be happy to give you my view as a Safety Professional, I am not looking for gain or reward, I am just here like you to share in a common goal. Cheers

:)
BE SAFE!

Magicman

Welcome Husky Scot to the Forestry Forum.

My issues with "safety" are well documented here on FF.  At one time, I had 97 telephone technicians reporting to me.  Coming up through the ranks, I had experienced plenty of personal injuries as well as witnessing others, including one fatality.  Hurting and watching hurt is no fun.  Memories of burying a fellow co-worker who just seconds ago was within arm's reach of you remain forever.

When sawing I wear and encourage others to wear the basic protective gear.

Safety glasses, ear plugs, dust mask, gloves, & steel toed boots.  I wear a welder's leather apron while sawing and chaps when felling.  In the Summer, I replace the cap with a "pith" type helmet which protects my ears from the Sun.  I also wear a back support belt.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Warbird

Welcome to the forum.  My team has a weekly meeting that we do a "safety minute" in.  Last week, I covered hands/fingers safety again, as a coworker had accidentally hit his finger with the punchdown tool (a tool we use in telecommunications for punching wires down onto a block).

Husky Scot

Thanks guys and nice to see common sense prevails in the wood working/ sawmill arena. I will put together a Hand arm vibration and whole body vibration paper and post it, will also throw in legislation changes etc, in case your wondering how guy from Scotland, can cut all this, I have also spent time plying trade in Ontario, Canada, and am a member of the Canadian Society of Safety Engineers. Cheers Guys
BE SAFE!

Thank You Sponsors!