iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hatz 1B40 diesel question

Started by dgdrls, September 30, 2015, 07:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgdrls

10 Horse air-cooled German Diesel motor, Picked one up for a Ben.
Figured I could tinker on it and if I can get it running for a little investment
great, if not, I still have a stainless cart with the deal and I learned a little
more about diesels,

I repaired the electronics board and have the valves adjusted.
I pulled the injector and its plugged solid,  Local diesel shop pop tested it and no-go
Called for an injector $270,  but before I purchase that I want to test
the fuel pump and there lies my question,  anyone know how to test
one of these?? 
The pump is expensive about $450 and may be a deal breaker If it needs one.

Good news is the motor fires on a shot of silicone.
I'd like to do as much as I can but If I have to I could bring it to a shop
to test the pump.

Thanks
Dan

Gearbox

I would look around a bit there arn't that many injector mfg. out there . You may find a used one out of some other diesel . The injector just sprays the pump controls how much . Gearbox
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

dgdrls

Thanks Gearbox,  pretty limited on this motor for parts.
I should have been more clear,  I need to test the injector pump.
which is built into the motor cases, not an external unit.

Dan

Gearbox

Our farm show has an 18 or 20 hp on the planer blower . I was there today and forgot to look at the injector . Gearbox
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Don_Papenburg

The pump should be high pressure (over 1000psi)    Can you find a spec book for the motor ?  or a web site?  The pump should be rebuildable  if it is integrated into the block.   The injector can be rebuilt  cleaned with brass wires and cracking pressure  adjusted with spacer washers.   the holes need to be clean and round all the same size . 
The needle and seat need to be laped smooth with valve laping compound  .
get a high pressure gauge(5000psi) to test your system .  Surplus Center has gauges  for a decent price. 
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Thank You Sponsors!