iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Buds are breaking in east Texas

Started by Texas Ranger, February 03, 2013, 11:14:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

Spring may have sprung. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

mesquite buckeye

Little early, isn't it?

We just got nailed with a big freeze a couple of weeks ago here in the SW.

Hope we don't get another one after stuff starts to grow. :(
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Tree Feller

Quote from: Texas Ranger on February 03, 2013, 11:14:31 AM
Spring may have sprung. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Same here in Houston (at work) but back in Tyler, we are due at least one more good freeze...usually near Easter. I'm gonna plant potatoes the 7th or 8th after I get home and I've already planted onions. Most everything else needs to wait until the danger of a killing frost has passed.
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

Magicman

Our Elm trees are the first and they are starting to do their thing.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

rooster 58

This is why we don't get excited about spring until about June up here:

April 23rd, 2012. The trout fishing was awesome though 8) ;D

two tired

the buds are swelling here also, the sun is shining and at 75 degres, if it would just stay like this.
when wondering about weather conditions call the dog in and see if he is wet

Tree Feller

Heya, two tired. I've been through Longville many times. Before I-49 was completed I would go through Longville on my way to work. Tyler to Lufkin to Zavalla to Jasper to Merryville to Longville to Lake Charles where I would get on I-10. Lots of Pine timber along that route.   :)
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

two tired

Yup, pinetrees are everywhere, with a few hardwood bottoms scattered in and about
when wondering about weather conditions call the dog in and see if he is wet

JuniperBoss

You guys are crazy. Not many signs of life so far other than warmer weather melting snow.

The classic sign of spring here is when the tiny white or purple flowers start popping up. Not there yet.
"The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense." --- Thomas Edison

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

LOGDOG

Yep ... same here in N. LA ... I took my wife for along walk on our property yesterday, back along the bayou ... through the hardwood bottom, up on the ridges .... blooms and flowers everywhere. I took a bunch of pictures with my phone but haven't had time to pull them off yet. Found an awesome burl too. Looks like a giant brain. It's just across the property line on the neighbors land. Wife says to me, "We're fools if we don't go back and get that thing..." I'm like ..."Timber theft carries stiff penalties ... I'm not interested in getting it that way." But yes ... spring is springing here. Remember a few years back though? We got that big snowstorm in March that dumped like 6" on us? We might get a surprise yet ...though I hope not.

isawlogs

Wish our "big" snow storms where of the affor mentioned 6"  ;D :D 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

clww

At the house in VA Beach, our crazy daffodils started popping through the surface before Christmas! They seem to come up earlier each year.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

Did someone mention Daffodils  ???

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

Lynn,
Is that now in your neck of the state? :o
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Bibbyman

First signs of spring here too.   Dead skunk on the road and Walmart had flannel shirts on sale for $5.00.

The other day Mary cried out, "Buzzard", but it turner out to be a bald eagle.  She was disappointed.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

rooster 58

No sign of a Robin here yet. Maybe a couple weeks yet :(

Thank You Sponsors!