iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

night visitors

Started by loggah, December 17, 2013, 10:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loggah

Well after an unsuccessful deer season, i threw out a bit of corn yesterday and these does showed up, been buck only here this season.  They are just about 75 yards behind my "MINI-MUSEUM!!! ;D ;D Don

Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

beenthere

Prolly all pregnant too, and will shell out some bucks for you next year.  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

loggah

Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

thecfarm

I put a few apples out last night. I have to start the grain and bread feeding. I enjoy watching them come out. Years ago when times was good here I use to feed them alot more often. My wife has seen 14 at one time. Company enjoys watching them. Seem like a bunch will come and ½ later another bunch would come. Seem like with a full moon they don't like to come out as much. When i go out to feed the OWB I shine the light down there and see eyes.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

We used to enjoy feeding the deer in our backyard, but then NY State outlawed deer feeding!

The brains of the state said that "anything other than natural feeding" was harmful to the deer population!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

mesquite buckeye

Just grow oaks, corn and soybeans. You will get plenty of deer. The congregation of animals from feeding, salting stations are suspected of spreading some really bad diseases in the deer population. Leastways, that's what I heard. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

coxy

Quote from: Chuck White on December 17, 2013, 06:46:00 PM
We used to enjoy feeding the deer in our backyard, but then NY State outlawed deer feeding!

The brains of the state said that "anything other than natural feeding" was harmful to the deer population!
chuck I can still feed cause I live in Sullivan county  smiley_nananana smiley_nananana smiley_nananana

thecfarm

I have plenty of oak for the deer to find arcons. One year they was pawing the ground up around them so much,company was asking me why I was digging out in the woods.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Quote from: coxy on December 17, 2013, 10:20:13 PM
Quote from: Chuck White on December 17, 2013, 06:46:00 PM

chuck I can still feed cause I live in Sullivan county  smiley_nananana smiley_nananana smiley_nananana

Illegal here, but there are quite a few that still feed them!

They take their chances and feed at their camps and other places out of site of the road!

All of my property is visible from the road, so.... I don't!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

coxy

this state is a joke one county in the hole state you are aloud to feed in the winter                chuck  hope your not mad at my nana saying just picking a little ;D ;D

CX3

Nice picture.  I think I count ten?
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

Chuck White

Quote from: coxy on December 18, 2013, 07:22:21 PM
this state is a joke one county in the hole state you are aloud to feed in the winter                chuck  hope your not mad at my nana saying just picking a little ;D ;D

Nah!

No Prob.

petefrom bearswamp

the deer season ended here tuesday and the critters must know it
now there are tracks everywhere including in my driveway an lawn.
cant feed em but had a ton of wild apples and nut mast this year.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

loggah

They been coming back every night, but i think there on shifts now they start coming in around 6:00 in the evening and go untill about 5:00 in the morning. that photo had 8 deer in it thats the most we have had at once.

thecfarm

I have one visitor as I post this. More will come as time goes on.

I went out around 10 tonight and had 6 waiting for me. I give them night visitors a yollar and they come a running.

CX3

You Better Believe It!

thecfarm

I just take this picture,Not the best,I took it through the window screen.

This was back in 2011,same spot.

chain

Question: Why do whitetails herd-up in winter?

Chuck White

I don't know, maybe security in numbers!  :-\

thecfarm

I think when snow is deep and they are breaking a trail,they will take turns on the lead. In a deer yard they can keep it packed down so they can get to the food. Sounds good to me.

CX3

They bunch up for protection.  They are tired and conditions are poor.  The more sets of eyes there are the easier it is to spot predators.
You Better Believe It!

loggah

Heres one thats started coming in lately,we have had 11 different deer so far! ;D

thecfarm

Still has his horns on. Looks good. No horns here.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: loggah on January 01, 2014, 09:34:21 AM
Heres one thats started coming in lately,we have had 11 different deer so far! ;D

and you can tell them apart  :D ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Ken

Quote from: loggah on January 01, 2014, 09:34:21 AM

Nice pic loggah  I also noticed that he still had horns.  I am curious when they lose their horns in both your area and others.

Cheers
Ken
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Thank You Sponsors!