iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Safety switches on my zero turn

Started by Larry, Yesterday at 09:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

My Kubota zero turn has been having intermittent trouble with the engine dying when I get off to open a gate or something. Wiggle the brake lever and the safety switch makes contact. Acts good for a while. Last week it wouldn't start but I was able to get going by shorting the posts on the start relay.

Rainy day today, so I decided to tear into it. It has five safety switches, two additional relays, a start switch, the solenoid, fuses, and a couple of diodes in the starting circuit. All located in places impossible for human hands to reach. I'm fairly good at reading electrical schematics but Kubota makes this a challenge also. None of the wires have the color on the schematic. At the end of the day I'm no closer to a fix than at the beginning.

My thoughts have turned really dark and I have a great way to put the Kubota out of its misery. :rifle: :rifle: :rifle:

Boats have a simple kill switch which is normally reliable but easy to diagnose/fix, why not on a mower?

Ok, anybody have recommendations for a new, simple and reliable zero turn?

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Southside

Jersey cow with a bull calf at her side.  No safety switches to worry about and the calf will be better eating than the Kubota.  ffcheesy
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Magicman

I do not know which is better, but I absolutely know your Kubota frustration.  I have replaced that brake switch and I can't say here on the FF what I thought.  I did squish some grease into the connection to try to prevent future moisture intrusion.  So far, so good.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!