iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Snow

Started by Hi-Country Orange, August 25, 2007, 10:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi-Country Orange

there was fresh snow on the mountain Fri. morning :-\

crtreedude

You do know we don't use the "n" word down here - Nieve....
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Cedarman

Hi-Country, what did we do to deserve such treatment.  I would love to send you this heat to melt your snow.  Kind of even things out maybe.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

pigman

I don't know Cedarman, It got real cold here in Kentucky last night, all the way down to 82 F. I thought I was going to have to build a fire in the stove to keep warm.  After so many days over a hundred, I just couldn't take  the cold. It did not get to a 100  today, a real cold spell. Maybe it will warm back up next week so I can get out and do some outside work.

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

thecfarm

Snow.I can wait for it.We had 90° today.This is not uncommon for this time of year,but last week it was in the 40's a couple mornings.Been a cool summer here.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Max sawdust

Leaves are starting to change color hear ;D
Means the snow is not too far away :o
max
True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

Warbird

Got down to 38 F here last night.  'fraid snow is just around the corner for us.  We've got 2 cord split and stacked and need about 2 cord more for me to feel comfortable.  The snow can wait for a while, as far as I'm concerned.  ;)

Dave Shepard

I am not too eager to see snow, yet, but I am looking forward to cold nights and warm sunny fall days. It's still 80 here at 11:00, that is just downright tropical if you ask this New Englander. ;D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Paschale

Quote from: Max sawdust on August 25, 2007, 09:10:53 PM
Leaves are starting to change color hear ;D
Means the snow is not too far away :o
max

I saw the first color just yesterday myself.  A little too early, if you ask me.   ::)

Though it does mean that the apple cider will be pouring again pretty soon!   8)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Cedarman

Leaves are starting to change color here and also some are falling. Happens during a drought.

scgargoyle

We're prolly still a ways away from the first snowfall here- like the next ice age :D :D :D Enjoy yerselves....
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Furby

Saw some color North of here yesterday as well.
This isn't color from the drought either, but it is in a cold spot for the region, so that may have something to do with it.

Cedarman

The only cold spot around here in the last 2 months is where I chill the brew.

Patty

We noticed on our Sunday drive yesterday that the soybeans are starting to turn yellow. Within a few weeks now they will have turned from dark green to bright yellow. Fall is in the air. At Last!   8)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Nancbee

Fall is in the Air? It's still in the 80's here but getting cooler overnight. That full moon last night was so close I could touch it. Fantastic!!! I just wish Fall would last through December!
Nancy B. Limberis
Circulation Manager
Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

TW

It goes towards autumn here too.
I hate it. Now it will only become darker and wetter and worse until late december when there is slush and mud everywhere and some kind of daylight from 9.15 to 3.15 in the afternoon.

I would love the climate here if it was not for october and november and december.

solodan

We have seen some color changes as well, but more so in the low country. probably due to drought, it's been cool in the morning at my place, but it always cools down at night out here. 8) In the high country we could get snow any day of the year. We need some cooler weather right now, and for the humidity to go up. Daytime humidity has been down in the 20's, and right now we have a dry wind beginning to blow. Thunder showers are happining in the high country, and it looks as if they are about to start here. We need a real good soaking cause lightning strikes could be deavastating to us right now. I  will keep my fingers crossed. :-\

customsawyer

I was out in Colo. back in July on the bike and the wife and I rode it from Creed over to Lake City and we had to follow the car tracks in the road as I didn't have snow tires on the harley yet. Sure was a great ride the next day we road over ponca pass then monarch pass then over kochatope pass all in one day, that will make you stop and take a deep breath to take in all that scenery in one shot.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!