iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Proper tie down anchor

Started by caveman, December 01, 2016, 07:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caveman

Yesterday my dad, who is recently retired, went to a local lumber yard to pick up some pressure treated wood to deck the gooseneck trailer that we have been working on.  Do any of you see any problem with the way the load was strapped down?  Pops empathically says he did not attach it this way.  Amazingly enough, the light still functions.

Caveman

Don_Papenburg

Hey if it holds............  I would never get away with it like that however.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

newoodguy78

Gosh his luck is way better than mine. Some of us just can't get away with such things. At least no harm was done.

barbender

I bet he hooked it under the rail, but it got a little slack and came loose and snagged the light when he pulled it tight.
Too many irons in the fire

DDW_OR

"let the machines do the work"

caveman

Quote from: barbender on December 02, 2016, 12:19:57 AM
I bet he hooked it under the rail, but it got a little slack and came loose and snagged the light when he pulled it tight.
I assumed that is what happened too. The strap's hook was surprisingly tight under the plastic marker light and the load arrived in good shape.  Pop is usually an enthusiastic driver but I guess he took it easy with my trailer in tow.
Caveman

Savannahdan

I like the term "enthusiastic driver."  At least he had it tied down and not loose like way some of the guys I've seen with a load of wood in their truck, tailgate down and sitting on a hard plastic bedliner.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

47sawdust

"enthusiastic driver"....That's a good one to use,especially with your Father.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Thank You Sponsors!