iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Things Ya see in the City---

Started by bags, March 03, 2022, 08:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bags

I don't think this Elm down in the city is ever gonna make a strait board.

Magicman

City?  Is that in Westcliffe?   
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

newoodguy78

If you burned that tree even the smoke would be crooked. 

Southside

Ya know being an Elm all those twists just might twist again as the lumber dried and come out pancake flat.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

sawguy21

That poor tree can't take urban living anymore either.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DaleK

You could do some wild live edge stuff with that if you're masochistic enough
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110
Echo chainsaws and a whole bunch of tractors

Resonator

About like the old cartoon "The tree only has one knot", and the whole tree is tied in a knot. ;D
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

rusticretreater

Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: DaleK on March 04, 2022, 08:17:46 AM
You could do some wild live edge stuff with that if you're masochistic enough
I'm thinking benches. Build a pair to sit around a firepit or place at the base of a big shade tree facing outward.

Beats the heck out of the best set I was ever able to build and I had to add extra legs on the curved back area to keep them from tipping over when I sat on them.

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

bags

Its down in the desert (5100') about 40 miles from my outfit--- its in Florence Colorado Linn---.

Its somethin'in it doesn't break off in the winds weve had the last few months--- that trunk in the middle that seems to be hold'in the first bend up is about 4' away from the first crook---

Magicman

OK, I reckon that is the town that you can see South of Hwy 50 before you get to the prisons.  Never been there.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Looks like even the trees in Colorado have been inhaling too much smoke from that whacky weed they grow and legalized out there. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!