iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mouse Attacks Cat!

Started by wesdor, September 06, 2011, 10:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wesdor

We had friends over for a Labor Day Picnic yesterday.  While sitting on the porch, one of the gals said, "what is going on with your cat?"

Well we all looked and I was a bit surprised.  The cat is an outdoor cat and a very good mouser.  She had captured a fat field mouse and had taken it to the yard.  As is often the case, she let the mouse go in order to play with it.  Much to our surprise, the mouse stood on its back feet and jumped at the cat.  She jumped back and it pressed the attack.  This happened several times and the mouse would eventually get near enough to some ground ivy and it would dive into there.

Of course the cat went right after him and brought it back.  Eventually she tired of the game and the mouse lost the fight. We believe the cat was having a good time with this aggressive mouse and was in control all the time.

I had never seen a mouse attack a cat.  I guess that is a good way to go out if you are a mouse, but it is still a new experience for me.

Anybody else ever see something like this?

Chuck White

The last great act of defiance!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

maple flats

Just a good example of never giving up regardless of the odds.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

ljmathias

I don't know, Maple- the cat did finally eat the mouse.  Maybe it would have used its energy better running away faster?  How's that old saying go, discretion is the better part of valor?  Or something.   :D

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

Al_Smith

Yes as a matter of fact I have .Once when I was building my shop I was moving a pile of railroad ties with a bull dozer .Out leaps a mouse and runs as fast as it's little legs could go ahead of me. Barely able to keep ahead of being crushed .I got off the dozer and approached the little guy .

There he was just puffing and panting but he reared up and put a stand on me .I let him go .I figured if he had the much gumption he deserved to live .

sandhills

Reminds me of Slim's story on fighting off a bear.  "Slim" is a good friend and probably weighs in around 400 lbs or so, can't remember how we got on the subject of bears but he said if ever attacked he was running flat out for 20 yards then turning and the fight was on.  Somebody asked if he was nuts and he said no, I can run 20 yards flat out and that's all I got, after that I gotta fight! :D

Al_Smith

Well can you imagine a little mouse running full out for 150 feet .That would be like running a marathon for a person . I suppose though if you were a mouse with about two tons of ties bearing down on you that would be quite a motivation .

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!