iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bet I could climb that....

Started by Ianab, January 03, 2019, 03:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Famous last words maybe.

We were driving around Northland on New Years Day, to go and see the Kauri Museum again, and Lil sees this pointy hill by the road. And says, "I'm sure I could walk up there".

You sure?

Anyway at lunch I got on Google and the Conservation Dept web site, and look, there is a walking track.  :D

About this time Lil is saying "I need to keep my mouth shut"

But the view from the top was worth it.

Looking back down the track, that dot in the top left is the car, and "shrubs" beside it are big Kauri and other trees.

Coming back down is actually harder, but Lil has handled the tricky rock climb bit.

Back to the carpark, woohoo, did it.

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dgdrls

Agreed,  worth it!!

well done smiley_clapping

Ianab

This chick is a professional travel Vlogger, but it came up on my feed, and it's actually pretty good.  You don't NEED a BMW or fancy shoes to do the trip, but if they gave me a car, a drone, and some new shoes I'd shoot the trip with an actual NZ accent.   ;D

Start of the trip is home, and it gets more "remote" after that. 

FORGOTTEN WORLD HIGHWAY - NEW ZEALAND THEMED HIGHWAY /// VLOG #20 (2019) - YouTube

That was the first part of our trip to Northland, and the trip up Tokatoka rock
Out of interest I looked up the Maori name.
Toka = Rock 
So Tokatoka = Rocky Rock?
Or in modern terminology, I've called it "Rocky  McRockface"

Not sure if my translation it 100% correct, but I think it suits. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

thecfarm

I betcha I have a foot of Rocky McRockface sticking up in one of my fields.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!