iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Today's Visit

Started by Sixacresand, October 09, 2012, 10:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

Nancy and I stopped by Customsawyer's house today and met his wife Loraine.  What a super nice lady.  We found Jake further down the road in Hazelhurst GA on our way to Florida. He offered me a pair of gloves to help with the boards coming off that lt70.  Maybe another day.  We got a grandbaby on the way.  It was good to meet them.  Now I have about thousand more forum members to meet.   
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Well did you take the gloves anyway?  :)  Hope ya'll have a safe and wonderful trip. Florida weather should be nice right now.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Sixacresand

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 09, 2012, 10:05:01 PM
Well did you take the gloves anyway?  :)  Hope ya'll have a safe and wonderful trip. Florida weather should be nice right now.

I should have.  I can usually only find two left gloves. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Meadows Miller

Jake & Loraine are two of the nicest people you could ever meet imho I was lucky to spend 10 days with them last year and enjoyed every min you shoulda taken the gloves it would have been a couple of day stopover  ;) and congrats on the having the new grandchild  on the way Mate  ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

customsawyer

It was very nice to meet you and your wife. I wish I would have had time to visit. Maybe next time we will be able to sit on the porch and shoot the breeze.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

John,

Watch it.  That boy will work you to death  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Sixacresand

Quote from: WDH on October 10, 2012, 07:56:58 AM
John,

Watch it.  That boy will work you to death  :).
I can see how he could.  I didn't see any place to sit down, a water cooler or nothing to do with resting.  lol

DanG

Did Jake give you a watermelon? ???
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Sixacresand

Quote from: DanG on October 10, 2012, 11:48:30 AM
Did Jake give you a watermelon? ???
No watermelon.  I did get some sawdust blowed on me which made me feel at home.

sparky

I always keep a big supply of gloves on hand in case a interested worker (victim) stops by to watch a sawmill in operation.

I just returned from a 3 week tour thru Eastern Europe. At a small village in Slovenia, our tour guide took me to the building behind a quaint country inn. There she showed me a water-powered sawmill where the sawing was done by vertical blades that moved up and down. I once saw an operation like that in a museum in Maine. This one was still in use.

Sparky
I'tnl 2050 with Prentrice 110, Custom built 48" left-hand circular and 52" Bellsaw right-hand circular mills, Jonsered 2171, Stihl 084, and too many other chainsaws. John Deere 3020 and Oliver 1800 with FELs. 20" 4-sided planer and misc.

customsawyer

Dang are you worried? :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!