iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Daily Fabrication Thread

Started by mike_belben, January 29, 2018, 09:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crusarius

so I have learned from all the LED's I have bought for house flood lights that you are correct, most LED bars are not a very wide flood. The fix for this is instead of 1 20" bar you get 3 4" bars. and angle them. If I remember correctly 3 bars will be just a hair less power draw than 1 20". and will get you much better spread.

21incher

What  I have been seeing  lately things like  these LEDs that look similar from different companies  actually are the same. There are highly automated  lines and they all have the same components.  The Chinese  ones come in plain cardboard  boxes that cost pennies with  no directions. The US ones get put in a $5.00 fancy box with  instructions.  The only  thing designed  in America  is the box and instructions. It used to be worth  the extra  for support  but that's not needed  anymore.  You have a problem  and another  will be at your  door tomorrow with most sellers. Higher  end products will have differences but in this low end market most of the time the only difference  is the Logo, box, and a CEO making 10 million  a year.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

mike_belben

im gonna tell you right now for an absolute fact, the chinese communist party directs and subsidizes the planned cloning and targetting of identical western manufactured popular goods on purpose., i was a manufacturer and they were the biggest threat.  it was a patent attorney who i went to for a pattent that said dont bother, china will copy this and america wont do a thing.  make it as cheap as you can for as long as you can.

i think the first time i saw this was moroso oil pan clones for 1/5th the price.  then it was quaife limited slip diffs, OBX made that. i dont have to tell you about honda small engines or fluke meters or chainsaw parts.  i can buy a new saw part from china shipped for half of a used one from kentucky and i really do try to buy used locally then american nationally first if it is at all competitive. the problem is there is no way to compete with a targeted subsidy.  i have a 50w solar panel and charge regulator that was $10 shipped and it was in $9 of box and bubbles, with a 3 identical, unidentified hand tigged and polished aluminum cold air intake tubes with brackets and sensor mounts. i did not order these.  if i had to build them we are talking $300 each.  another too good to be true, was the pole pruner head that i made my old weedwacker into a pruner with.  it was the gear drive, the oil pump, a bar and a chain for $20 shipped.  

what these items all have in common is they are coming out of unnamed little distribution centers in metro NJ.  its china flooding america with really good free stuff so we cant make our livings making said stuff.  

i was a manufacturer and saw that there was nothing they cant make cheaper. not simple metalwork, nor advanced technology so i got out.  im switching to agriculture just to be sure they cant spike that punch too.  
Praise The Lord

HemlockKing

China don't care about dollars, they're playing our money game short term to accumulate power, make us $$offers we can't refuse and infiltrate our governments, especially us Canada, we sit on a good pot of resources and here we are selling them our land to mine minerals, make goods from stolen designs, then ship/sell it back to us lol also robbing our own of jobs. Greedy merchants, they want money, China will give them, once all the resources are taken up by China money won't matter much will it? 
A1

mike_belben

long story but im not gonna put it here.  not because i care about staying on topic.  i dont want to educate them on how to better deceive.  they scour the interwebs measuring world opinion and response.  no need for moles to get feedback anymore when you are the leading manufacturer of electronic devices and surveillance systems with backdoor software and factory passwords that the consumer seldom changes.  those foscams and reolinks are cheap for a reason. 
Praise The Lord

21incher

Here is how I use them as machine lights. Buy a $12.00 microphone arm and just mod the adapter to take a screw. This is the fully auto router table I built using one and it is the perfect amount of light. This is a flood pattern mounted to the moving fence. The 2 pin led connectors make wiring simple and keep things removable.

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

aigheadish

Back to my rock screener build I decided, a few weeks ago, to purchase some used pallet racking. I bought 2- 15' tall uprights giving me my four corners, 8- 10' long beams giving me the frame for the screen and some lateral supports, and 12 decks giving me the screening. The 3 beams, in front, I'm thinking of slapping a piece of plywood on so I can drive into the pile of rocks a bit better with the loader. I'm not sure how much I'll end up pushing this monster around like that. 

My design so far looks like the below but I'm certainly up for any ideas of why this wouldn't work the way I think (you'll have to pretend there's enough decking to cover the whole top frame, after this design I called the company back and doubled my decking order...). I've never gotten into this large of a metal project, so I'm pretty excited. The metal should be showing up in the next few days!

New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

mike_belben

That will work fine to screen.  Youre gonna want a heavy solid barrier wall between the two piles or you will push the fines into the course and drive into the legs by accident eventually.  Setting it on mafia blocks would be best for a permanent install, lagged in so you dont knock it off the pedestal.  The vertical divider wall up high can be lumber to keep fines dropping into the fine side and not spilling into the coarse side when grab a scoop and it wants to spill forward.  Efforts to maintain segregation will be well worth it. Id close in the sides too. 
Praise The Lord

aigheadish

Thanks Mike. I think I'll end up moving it too frequently to tie it to some big concrete, but I may be able to dig a trench on the rock side, after each move, so the whole unit sits up a foot or two, then I should be able to drive into that, I think. Let me know if that seems unrealistic. Thanks again!
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

mike_belben

If you need it mobile just weld some loops near the base so you can stake it with rebar like a tent.  Weld in some cheap framework enough to hold tin or plywood for a divider wall between sorts that isnt too heavy for portability by two people

Once the rock is really piled up itll stay by the rock weight but if it doesnt have resistance you cant really drive hard into it to get those last scoops in the bucket.. so you end chasing them around and swearing, or shovelling. 
Praise The Lord

aigheadish

Man, well done. It'd taken me a long time to think of just staking it down!

mike_belben

Its good to be useful.  smiley_idea

Almost done building my spray bar.  Gonna see if the pump can handle 4 nozzles before i consider wings. 

Praise The Lord

Wudman

Mike,

I have a 15 gallon unit mounted on my wheeler.  It has a 1 GPM pump and I run 4 nozzles on it.  It does a pretty good job for me.  

Wud
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

mike_belben

yes, i got it running and it works pretty well.  I put the discussion of it in the feed crop and soil health thread in general, seemed more relevant. 

Thanks wud
Praise The Lord

Walnut Beast

Log arch for the Beast with a combo trailer Gooseneck hitch for the rear of arch and also for the machine without the arch. More pictures to follow 

Roundhouse

Another entry in the world of backwoods fabrication. With the cabin moved it was time to put on the permanent roof. Last weekend I was ready to do the install. First step was putting together this platform to go on the forks. It provided the perfect platform to work from and hang the steel on the sides, then do the eave trim. Yet another task made much easier with the rough terrain forklift, latest in a series of "what did I do without this" moments.

Woodland Mills HM130, 1995 F350 7.3L, 1994 F350 flatbed/crane, 1988 F350 dump, Owatonna 770 rough terrain forklift, 1938 Allis-Chalmers reverse WC tractor loader, 1979 Ford CL340 Skid Steer, 1948 Allis-Chalmers B, 1988 Yamaha Moto-4 200, various chain saws

Walnut Beast

3"x3" 3/16 square tubing doesn't cut it for my dual receiver hitches. Now they are a little beefier 

mike_belben

im trying to picture what that arch thing is gonna be.  eager to see action shots. 
Praise The Lord

Walnut Beast

Getting a little paint on 😂

Walnut Beast

Working on making a little hay trailer into a log trailer 

Walnut Beast

Here is the heavy duty receivers for the log arch and the Gooseneck trailer/ log trailer hitch that will fit on the Beast and the log arch

Crusarius

looks really nice, but also looks like an anchor more than anything. We had an ASV Scout for our fire department offroad fire / rescue rig. it was a great rig but the biggest thing that killed us was always stuffing both ends in the ground. Originally the winch was mounted in the receiver on the front but it made it so the tiniest pebble would put the winch in the ground. We had to get a bracket to mount it in the bed till it was needed. Of course once its needed the receiver hitch is stuffed in the dirt so it was pointless.

mike_belben

been there done that crusarius. 
Praise The Lord

Walnut Beast

Quote from: Crusarius on November 02, 2021, 01:36:14 PM
looks really nice, but also looks like an anchor more than anything. We had an ASV Scout for our fire department offroad fire / rescue rig. it was a great rig but the biggest thing that killed us was always stuffing both ends in the ground. Originally the winch was mounted in the receiver on the front but it made it so the tiniest pebble would put the winch in the ground. We had to get a bracket to mount it in the bed till it was needed. Of course once its needed the receiver hitch is stuffed in the dirt so it was pointless.
😂 I'll be fine with the 20" wide tracks. I'm well aware of the Scout that ASV made years ago. I had one ordered with a cab, dump box, snow plow and a bunch of other options but I cancelled the order because it was on order for over six months plus I spent more time driving around the lot on another occasion and after my friend/dealer told me he took one to the electric company and they all got it stuck fairly easy 😂 I said cancel it!! I didn't like the steering, rigid track system ( like a dozer when you drove over a log straight up in the air and when you pitched if it wasn't smooth you come straight down hard. They were a neat machine with the auxiliary hydraulics and so on but they needed changes on it for sure. Where they did seem to have the most success was on the oil pipelines in rugged mountain terrain of carrying heavy parts since the bed had like a 5k capacity

Thank You Sponsors!