iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Small logs

Started by Peter Drouin, July 28, 2018, 06:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

In the Sawmill & Woodlot mag I just got. Has a story from Gene Wengert on small logs, and how to see the cost of cutting them. 
Just asking if anyone saw it and what you think.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

longtime lurker

online copy you can link me to?

I get plagued by the things, always interested to see a new perspective on them and maybe learn something new.
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

Lawg Dawg

I saw that in mine also...very intresting read, I'm trying to process that info now.  Probably gonna go cut me a load of little trees and experiment :D
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

tmbrcruiser

I read the article and have used some of the cutting patterns, great information. At times I will cut small logs into post.
Once you get sap in your veins, you will always have sawdust in your pockets.

SawyerTed

Small logs are a significant percentage of the logs I get to saw.  Because I of that, I subscribed to the magazine just for this article.  I'm thinking Monday the subscription and the article will pay for themselves.  I'm going this afternoon to set up the edger for the job I'm on and will experiment with these sawing patterns on Monday.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Thank You Sponsors!