iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hand powered firewood wrapper?

Started by wills swamp, February 06, 2014, 07:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wills swamp

hi,looking for feedback on twister industries hand powered firewood wrapper.

thanks, john
wills swamp custom sawing-2002 wood-mizer lt40/hydraulic/d33,nyle L53 kiln,case 1845sp,massey203/loader/farmi winch,john deere 450c crawler/loader,husqvana saws,logrite tools

CRThomas

Quote from: wills swamp on February 06, 2014, 07:36:05 PM
hi,looking for feedback on twister industries hand powered firewood wrapper.

thanks, john
I have a Hudson hand operated firewood wrapper it has wrapped thousands of bundles still works great. I bought a electric one too but I took the  motor off and made a hand operated out of it to. I can process 10 to 20 bundles a hour depending on how many breaks I take. I sell about 30 to 40 bundles a day m to f

wills swamp

hi,CRT.was the electric one to slow? the hudson hand powered wrapper is pricey.
are you splitting and wrapping or just wrapping getting 10-20 bundles an hour?
wills swamp custom sawing-2002 wood-mizer lt40/hydraulic/d33,nyle L53 kiln,case 1845sp,massey203/loader/farmi winch,john deere 450c crawler/loader,husqvana saws,logrite tools

CRThomas

Quote from: wills swamp on February 17, 2014, 05:26:37 PM
hi,CRT.was the electric one to slow? the hudson hand powered wrapper is pricey.
are you splitting and wrapping or just wrapping getting 10-20 bundles an hour?
The electric one was to fast for me. I got one of Hudson to go on the hitch of my pickup truck but havn't used it yet it was only $500.00 dollars. That is split and bundle both. My chunks are in a 4x4x4 basket. My splitter is setup to split the right size with one pass. Go to raisin666@facebook.com and you can see my operation and it was all paid for by firewood money and I own it all out right. If you are in the right area and you just about have to kiss your customers behind you will find most of your customers will be older people they want things pretty and don't mind paying for it have walk the dog and took out there trash and got a $50.00 tip. You have visit a little while some times I deliver 30 bundles to one of my customers with a picture of her dog $10.00 that comes to $300.00 I can afford to visit for a hour. You go in there homes you take off your shoes and dress nice. If you look like bum don't expect to be called back always tell them how bueatiful there home is and there little dog or cat is so loveable. Later

glassman_48

willswamp,
I am a dealer for twister products, the owner invented his wrapper back in the early 90's.  They are extremely durable.  I have the hand wrapper, we just wrap enough for ourselves and one party store.  There is another post a while back about wrappers in general.  There are some companies out there that are very similar in design.  Chuck (twister owner) is the original inventor and I always try to give those people my business.  He can ship one right to your doorstep with just a phone call.  If I can ever figure out how to put pictures on here or videos I will.  good luck,,,,ed

Thank You Sponsors!