iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need advice on buying a chainsaw

Started by gbischoff3, March 31, 2013, 01:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Compensation

Forget your log in password? I been waiting to see what you got. I have a new 230 with the special chain and easy start. It really helps when you get old like me to not have to sharpen as much and pull as hard on the rope like the other saws.
D4D caterpillar, lt10 Woodmizer, 8x12 solar kiln, enough Stihl's to make my garages smell like their factory :) Ohh and built Ford tough baby!

Dave VH

I ran my 025 for years, I am now in the process of repairing it for the last time.  It will be fixed and put on the shelf.  Last week I bought a 261 and absolutley love it.  I believe my 261 with a 18" bar can almost outcut my 440 with a 24".  If one could swing the cash for it I would have a hard time believeing it gets much better than that 261
I cut it twice and it's still too short

gspren

Quote from: Dave VH on April 06, 2013, 05:00:35 PM
I ran my 025 for years, I am now in the process of repairing it for the last time.  It will be fixed and put on the shelf.  Last week I bought a 261 and absolutley love it.  I believe my 261 with a 18" bar can almost outcut my 440 with a 24".  If one could swing the cash for it I would have a hard time believeing it gets much better than that 261

Don't know how much you've run your 261 so far but mine really picked up after about 5 tanks through it.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Dave VH

havent ran it that much yet, but I'm looking forward to it
I cut it twice and it's still too short

John Mc

I'm wondering if Gwen found this sit, posted, and then forgot where she found us?
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

trapper

someone could send her a pm and resolve that question.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

HolmenTree

Maybe she dropped a tree on herself or something.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

clww

Well I hope not after the news on the Forum this morning involving that very subject.
Not funny.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

beenthere

No response from a PM I sent to her a few day ago.
She did check back onto the Forum after her original post and my PM. But no response.

Prolly got the answer she was looking for and is hopefully happy and sawing wood.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

John Mc

Might have missed the PMs. Don't you have to turn on notifications for them somewhere, or is that a default?
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Compensation

I bet she bought a poulan and is still in the wood trying to start it.
D4D caterpillar, lt10 Woodmizer, 8x12 solar kiln, enough Stihl's to make my garages smell like their factory :) Ohh and built Ford tough baby!

Todd

Making somthing idiot-proof only leads to the creation of bigger idiots!

John Mc

Quote from: Compensation on April 10, 2013, 01:40:14 AM

Hey, now... lets not start picking on her in her absence.  I'm going to go with Beenthere's explanation until I her otherwise (got the answer she was looking for and is hopefully happy and sawing wood).

Compensation

Quote from: John Mc on April 10, 2013, 08:38:36 AM
Quote from: Compensation on April 10, 2013, 01:40:14 AM

Hey, now... lets not start picking on her in her absence.  I'm going to go with Beenthere's explanation until I her otherwise (got the answer she was looking for and is hopefully happy and sawing wood).

I was clearly talking quality of the saw, not the operator. Its a poulan I was talking about, that should be obvious. I looked for a donkey animation to put here for you but they don't have one. smiley_thumbsup
I just really want to know what she bought. My ms230 makes #14 for me. New equipment gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. :)

John Mc

I knew you were picking on the saw, and not the operator.  I was just kidding around. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

John Vander

Gwen, not just the saw, but invest in some good protective gear too. Have you had any experience with a saw? If not, it's best to get some coaching. Avoiding kickback, pinching etc. are all skills that will make it safer and a lot more fun. Your stove runs pretty fair sized logs. By the way, how do you split them? Hydraulic?
Tree and saw accidents nullify years of forestry experience.

Thank You Sponsors!