iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tree Length firewood sales is alive and well!

Started by logman81, March 01, 2015, 01:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

So I have decided to selling tree length firewood this year since I got the log truck now. And let me tell you that where I am that the demand is huge for it. I've got as of right now fifty plus cords to deliver since I placed an ad a week ago. I never would have thought it would take off that fast! This is a good thing for me as I'll have the gafner skidder in no time.
Precision Firewood & Logging

David-L

Beautiful 208 TJ in the NH craigslist NH. Firewood machine that can pull timber also.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

logman81

Thanks Dave I saw that machine to rich for me! I have the perfect machine in my sights, it is small enough to haul on my current trailer and has a good price that I can afford.

clww

If there is a huge demand and you're the only supplier, you definitely have locked in a niche business.  8)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

logman81

logman81

And yet another day of orders coming in for it. Hope this is the last of the snow, I can't take much more of it I got to start hauling and filling these orders.

logman81

Up to 80 cords on order, but the weather is making it impossible to fill the orders! Think I certainly found a good niche!

logman81

Still going Strong! Sold thirty cords of tree length so far. Have another 100 plus on order I've been going almost seven days a week trying to fill these orders it's crazy!

dave_dj1

Logman, How many cords are you getting on the truck and what are your charging for it? I'm just curious as I would like to buy some log loads and process it into firewood and I want to see if it would be a worthwhile endeavor.
Thanks,
dave

logman81

I get between 2-2.5 on it price very's by where I'm delivering it.

DDDfarmer

I payed $700 a tier for either birch or tamarack this winter delivered in my yard.  Between work, snow, cold, snow and cold blowing snow this winter my skidder didn't move much.  Yet still needed wood to heat with ::)

someday I will get ahead on all my work
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

OntarioAl

DDDfarmer
A tier of wood? I am going to take a wild guess  and say its a load of 16' about 7 full cords. Did I come close on my guess :)
Al
Al Raman

DDDfarmer

16' +/-   loaded to the top of the pickets on his trailer.  Whatever that works out to in cords.  Very happy with the loads we got as there wasn't any empty space, if he could load another 3" twig in there he did. 
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

logman81

I to pay careful attention to how I load the logs on my truck. I try to minimize the air space between the logs. I feel that I'm pricing it fair for both the customer and myself.

tdibiasio

I had the pleasure of doing business with logman81 (David) and I can tell you I am very satisfied with the wood he delivered.  I live close to Daves shop so we were able to come up with what I consider a fair price for both of us - manageable sized, good clean wood for a good price.  Dave was very responsive and friendly to deal with - very accommodating with timing and placement of the wood in my processing area.  I hope things keep going well for him as I look forward to doing business for many years to come.

I paid for 9 cords and without processing it all down yet - I am positive that I will end up with at least that much or more.

TomD 

AnthonyW

So close but yet so far away. Being straddled by two wood chip power plants has really cause the supply of firewood logs to drop and thus the price to increase. Not just on logs but also on split firewood. AND NH has implemented a county boundary on the transportation of firewood logs and split wood. Firewood cannot be transported across state or county lines which is not helping the supply or the pricing.
'97 Wood-Mizer LT25 All Manual with 15HP Kohler

GRANITEstateMP

In my neck of NH log length is tough to get.  I've processed about 40 cord so far and have another 20ish on deck.  I've paid as low as $95 a cord and as much as $140 a cord.  Part of it depends on what actually is on the truck (some guys adjust price for "ugly" wood others just set a price per load).  I spend almost as much time on my phone with the loggers and truckers I work with as I do the customers!  It's nice to see the loggers, land owners have multiple markets to shop there wood to.
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

logman81

Thanks Tom I'm glad you're happy with the wood and the service. I wouldn't be surprised I f you got over 9 cord I'm pretty generous with my log loads.

logman81

Still getting slammed with orders, can't fill them fast enough and I'm almost out of wood on the current lot! Got to get me the mini skidder so I can produce more wood.

Thank You Sponsors!