iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How'd Ya Git Yer Username

Started by fstedy, December 12, 2004, 08:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3584ELK

I am a big elk hunter, and like most of you folks, post on more than one forum.  SO...my favorite elk rifle is chambered to .358 Norma Magnum, hence 358, then 4 to substitute as "for" and the ELK is self explanatory.  So, 358 for elk.   I even had a Colorado license plate made with that moniker!   :)

stumpy

I have my fathers hands (actually just like his). They are wide, big, and have short fingers. All my nephews call me Uncle Stumpy. So there ya go
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Burlkraft

I do a lot of turning and straight grain just doesnt do it anymore. I LIKE BURLS 8) 8) 8) 8)

A friend of mine mixed burls with part of my last name and that's how Burlkraft came about. That is also the name of my business.....for tax purposes it should be poorkraft :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

treecyclers

My handle is what I do, who I am, and what I love.
Treecyclers started as an idea on a Taco Bell Napkin after I saw what a "big tree company" was doing to hte forests south of town, and I had a better idea. Besides I was PITHED!
Them DanG boneheads were choppin up ponderosa by the WHACK3 (That's a Whack, Cubed!)
So, I figgered out how to tie in tree recycling and my custom furniture operations together, pumped about 45K into the whole schlemeel, and have been ramping it up since.
I take the trees that would otherwise be wasted, recycle them into lumber and firewood, convert the lumber to furniture and the firewood to heat and ash, which then nourishes my garden, along with my planer shavings and sawdust from the shop!
Hence, Treecyclers!
However, my CB callsign is scarface, due to a faceplant on my buddy's rocker panel at 1AM after being awake for 48 hours straight, without eating, and being dehydrated like a champ!
smiley_dunce
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

Woodwalker

Mine came about from how I use to get to work. Electrical lineman, climbed a few trees starting out.
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

barbender

I had just gotten a new 24" bar for my jred from Bailey's. Got it pinched cutting the top off a birch, so I got the skid steer to free it.  Well, I got moving the tree and didn't notice a stump on the side the saw was on, it cuaght and bent the bar real bad. I was lucky it didn't bust my saw up. Anyhow, came in that night and I was on here and needing a handle, and I was still feeling guilty about bending that up and needed a reminder to not be so stupid. So Barbender it was.
Too many irons in the fire

Reddog

Just the current monster we have :o Red the dog. :D

Tim L

I'm not very bright but thats what it says on the mittens my wife clipped on my coat !
Do the best you can and don't look back

SAW MILLER

I saw and my name's Miller hence,SAW MILLER
LT 40 woodmizer..Massey ferg.240 walker gyp and a canthook

sawguy21

Quote from: Tim L on April 10, 2006, 07:14:49 PM
I'm not very bright but thats what it says on the mittens my wife clipped on my coat !

:D :D :D :D :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

DoubleD

However you call me Davide Dade DD or DoubleD there are always two D  ;D ;D smiley_divide smiley_divide
Wannabe a sawmiller

mudpupdave

Hi ya'll,
I was 16 years old when I got into drywall finishing, I was the youngest finisher on a crew of 4.....they kept calling me the "pup" soon it became "mudpup" on one of our jobs we were doing lathe and plaster-about 25-30 feet in the air.... it was too hard climbing up and down so we started slinging the plaster to each other and I was able to hit my target about 90% of the time..they started calling me "mudslinger" but I kept mudpup......

jon12345

My name is Jon and I like the number 12,345. :D  Really I was just in a hurry to sign on and couldn't think of anything good at the time. :)
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

asy

Quote from: jon12345 on April 14, 2006, 11:35:49 PM
My name is Jon and I like the number 12,345. :D 

You'll like the fourth of may then... 

Early in the morning on the 4th May the time will be:  01:02:03 04/05/06   :D

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Paschale

In America, that date has already happened.  That would be the fifth of April, according to the way we label dates over on this side of the pond.  Doesn't make much sense, does it?   ::)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

SPIKER

I've had my nickname since I was active duty in Military:  had a longer spiked hair flat top:   it stands straight up on it's own and straight OUT so I look like I have a FRO as it grows out.   though I also had a reputation for emumm chasing & catching manny of the oposite sexs too ;) so the guys knew for both reasons wy my nickname was what it is and well the girls only got 1/2 the story :D O0 smiley_biggrin01

Mark M AKA SPIKER
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

james

two parts
iv had this handle since jul 13 of 1961 ,
i tend not to caitalize things when typing ;D
james (lee baker)
see ma , no capitals :D

IMERC

I was covering for an electrical contractor in a grain mill while he was out fer surgery...
while I was there I fixed several other things for some other contractors that couldn't show in the alloted time...
After a while the plant manager would just tell me to fix "it".. what ever "it" was

when I gave him the bills for about a month's work / living there he had "a lot" to say... including you are some kind of Industrial MERCenary...
must not have been too bad because I had the preferred slot for over two years after that...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

Raphael

I always wanted to be a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.  :D ;D :D

Actually I was already using my real name on the Timber Framers Guild's Ask the Experts BBS and my first post here was to the TF/Log Building forum so I used it here for consistancy.
  My usual handle (CB, BBS, usenet, etc.) is Archangel, I got it before I was born but after I was named.  An artist friend asked my mother if I was going to become a famous artist and she replied "No, he's going to become an Archangel".  No pressure, eh?  ;D
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

jack

Ya it was me muther,  but my screename in most other parts is DIRTDOCTORjak@aol.com   As a soil guy,  prevayor of fine organic soils,  one of my customers gave me the Dirt doctor... so it stuck,
I didnt use it on this forum so i could track what traffic was from the FF or what SPAM came from the FF.......and ya know what?
its only been traffic,,  no spam,.  good work FF>

Jack aka dirtdoctor
GRAB life by the Belly fat and give it a twist!!!!!

Went from 5 employees to one, sorry to see a couple of them go.  Simplify life... building a totally solar run home, windmill pumps my water, and logs keep me warm.

Sprucegum

We moved to the country when I was 6 years old and I was told I could get chewing gum right off the trees!

I tried and tried but no matter how hard I chewed that DanG stuff still taste like Spruce  >:(   ???
I expected it to taste just like store-bought.  :D

tcsmpsi

I got/formed it when we got internet service in town about 10 yrs ago (local phone company).  When I went in to sign up for it, as it was for the business(s), I just used the first letters of the two dba's.  As time has gone by, I have found that I have to have a LOT of usernames (many of which have to be of specific configurations), and use the original as much as possible to keep from having to remember and/or write down and keep up with so many.  It is also one that is never taken (unless I already have) and never had to wrestle .com for. 
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

limbrat

The only night of the year that i have trouble sleeping cause im excited is the one before squirrel season starts.
When i was in junior high we were taking a easy test i started making cat squirrel distress calls whistles,chirps and grunts. Didnt realize i was doing it got caught,got in trouble, got named. ;D
ben

joelmar10

Joel is my first name, though I went by Joey and Joe at different stages in my life.  My mother named me after my grandpa Joseph, but didn't like the name Joseph.  She also named my brother Jody after my grandpa (huh?!).  She was married to a Mr. Martin whose surname I share.  Then about fifteen years ago she had her first two initials followed by MAR10 on her license plate.  I started using joelmar10 when I got my first email account years ago and have used it ever since.  And I still get a chuckle when someone online addresses me as joelmar.   My name somehow remains hidden in plain sight.    smiley_curtain_peek
I used to think I could fix DanG near anything...now I know I can...or I think I can...or maybe I can?

jon12345

I feel your pain Joel, I've been addressed as Jon12345 several times  :D :D :D
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

Thank You Sponsors!