iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How'd Ya Git Yer Username

Started by fstedy, December 12, 2004, 08:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reride82

When I was young I had a bit of a speach impediment and when asked my name, instead of Levi, it came out sounding like Reride, so that is how I came about that nickname  :D
'Do it once, do it right'

'First we shape our buildings, then our buildings shape us'
Living life on the Continental Divide in Montana

muddstopper

I used to landscaping and hydroseeding. I once hydroseeded a big bank behind a house that was washing mud down around the foundation. The lady that was paying me to do the work called me her muddstopper and it stuck.

blackfoot griz

I live in the Blackfoot Valley of Western Montana and I'm a University of Montana grad and a big U of M Grizzly football fan.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

red oaks lumber

i use the name of my company. at first i was going to use my nickname    stymie but decided against that
in case anyone is wondering why i have the nickname stymie, its from the little rascles oh i'm white tho. :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: red oaks lumber on June 26, 2012, 10:04:47 PM
i use the name of my company. at first i was going to use my nickname    stymie but decided against that
in case anyone is wondering why i have the nickname stymie, its from the little rascles oh i'm white tho. :D

"Stymie's Lumber Company"....... :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

bugdust

When I first started sawing it seemed like every time I uncovered a lumber pile I saw "BUGDUST." So ... there you go ....
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

Bogue Chitto

Bogue Chitto river runs behind my house.  We swim, fish, boat, camp and almost live on it.  We love it.

NWP

NWP stands for Nicholson Wood Products, the name of my company.  Real creative I know.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

Okrafarmer

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Okrafarmer

A few years ago, when I was severely underemployed, my wife and I raised a huge garden and sold produce at the local farmers' market. I'm not sure how much money we brought in, but any was better than none. Our biggest seller was okra, the plant that never quits. We sold our organic okra for $3 / lb. and sometimes sold $100 / week of it. We also discovered it was just about the only plant in the garden that wild hogs don't bother with.  :-\
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Migal

I just liked it from a day or two ago err Lord Migal LOL  8)
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

log cutter

Thought Log Cutter was better than Tree Killer.  ;)
Timbco 475E

Migal

8) 8) 8) got to lot dat one leaf raker JK  8) 8) 8)
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

hardtailjohn

Got mine from riding "hard tail" Harleys.  Never smartened up enough to like a rear suspension, I guess.... haha
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

WildDog

I deal in Wild dog/Dingo destruction at work....Second thoughts I probably should of chose something different that doesn't remind me of my day job when relaxing around the FF ???   
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

thurlow

Thought I had responded to this thread, but in quickly scrolling back, didn't see that I had:

Nearly all of my 24 years military service was in the Tennessee Army National Guard; the last 15 as a section leader in Headquarters Detachment of a MP Battalion. It was a small, close-knit unit with about 25 EM and 5-7 officers. The (SFC) supply sergeant was full-time (AGR) and a nice guy, but he took everything much more seriously than the rest of us......his livelihood depended on it. The last 2 hours of each monthly drill were devoted to care and cleaning of individual equipment. The whole unit was never there to clean weapons and they all had to be cleaned, so weapons cards weren't used; just serial number on 'roster' and signature. One day when the supply sergeant had been particularly 'horsey', everyone gathered for final assembly/dismissal. The armorer came out and said, "Sergeant Moss, we're missing a weapon". "Well, look and see who's got it".........in a voice filled with sarcasm. "Thurlow Beaver". Well, of course, there was nobody by that name. He jerked the roster out of the guys hand and looked for my name, since I had a reputation for practical jokes. My name was on there where I had checked out/cleaned another weapon or two. Well, the weapon was found over in a corner of the room where everybody had gathered to clean them and it was in as many pieces as it was possible to disassemble it.........far more than was supposed to happen at unit level. The supply sergeant had an impressive command of the English language and we were treated to a fully array.........until he finally ran out of breath. We all enjoyed it immensely!. I happened to meet the como chief's eyes and realized that he was responsible. The supply sergeant carefully monitored what was going on for the next 2 or 3 months, before he forgot. For the rest of my time in the unit, the como chief, another guy and myself would occasionally sign "Thurlow Beaver at any 'appropriate' time..........never with any prior planning or consulting each other. We never signed a pay roster, but pretty much everything else at one time or another...........dozens of times.   No one except the three of us ever knew. When I left the unit in '89, I carried the handle thurlow with me and have used it on a lot of forums.
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Misfit

Travelled to a lot of different countries and lived in a few different ones too. My friends kept referring to me as the Canuck since I was born and raised in PEI, Canada.

Plus I don't have the imagination to come up with anything clever and "Bull-headed S.O.B." might not have made Jeff's cut.  ;D
I am neither a Philopolemic Blatherskite nor a Bloviating, Sialoquent Blatteroon.

"Say nuthin and saw wood."

chain

Chain...an everyday tool for me when working on the farm or forest. A man of many chains, I am.

I'll tell this story of a special historical 'chain 'of the early American Civil War era: I live several miles south of the Columbus-Belmont, Kentucky State Park. This park is located on the east bluff of the Mississippi river south of Cairo, Il. The park also was once a early-war military post as located stratgically to guard against Union gun-boats plying down-river.

The confederates had a very large chain forged, the links weighing near 9lbs. each and the chain-links extended across the river laid on wooden pontoon rafts, the  distance apart as to hang-up enemy craft so the shore gun-batteries could sink them. Some historians say the chain did not last long as the rising river and currents broke and sank the chain. Nearly a century later parts of the original chain were dredged up and today, that very chain is on display at the Park along with a federal siege cannon. I've been to this lovely State Park many times, both as a civil war re-enactor and visitor. If you are ever in the vicinity of Western Kentucky, you owe yourself and family  this special treat of American history and artifacts...and beautiful river view.

Woodhauler

2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

mooleycow

The ll Bean guide to the outdoors by Bill Riviere.

OneEyedJackIndy

I have a disease in my eyes.  in 1999 I had an operation that cost me the vision in my right eye.  From 20-15 to 0-0 for the low price of 30k.  I had to relearn to shoot(my favorite thing to do) mow hay, spot a wagon, throw a punch(another favorite of mine-little guy u know), swing a hammer,ect.  So I set out to relearn all the trades I had previously been a Jack of.  Now I am a one eyed jack and depending on my mood I may be wild.

giant splinter

I think you figured it out before you even got to this point and yes it hurt big time.
Fish hooks are more difficult to get out and flies even with a bent barb are nasty when you get one hung on your ear.
roll with it

Jeff

When I was about 12 years old, I wore a flopping northern pike home from the river after he drove the treble hook from the spoon I was using clear through my thumb while trying to release him. I was about a half mile from the house.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sandhills

Quote from: OneEyedJackIndy on July 02, 2012, 01:49:19 PM
I have a disease in my eyes.  in 1999 I had an operation that cost me the vision in my right eye.  From 20-15 to 0-0 for the low price of 30k.  I had to relearn to shoot(my favorite thing to do) mow hay, spot a wagon, throw a punch(another favorite of mine-little guy u know), swing a hammer,ect.  So I set out to relearn all the trades I had previously been a Jack of.  Now I am a one eyed jack and depending on my mood I may be wild.
Sorry to hear about the vision (mine isn't any better, just didn't pay 30k for it) what did get me was your user name, I live about 35 mins away from where Two Eyed Jack was born and raised, not sure if anyone here knows or cares but he was a world famous quarter horse, as far as bloodlines go, good horses but the colts always seem to buck a lot.

Thank You Sponsors!