iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How'd Ya Git Yer Username

Started by fstedy, December 12, 2004, 08:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okrafarmer

Quote from: chain on June 27, 2012, 04:09:25 PM
Chain...an everyday tool for me when working on the farm or forest. A man of many chains, I am.

I live several miles south of the Columbus-Belmont, Kentucky State Park. This park is located on the east bluff of the Mississippi river south of Cairo, Il.

My parents live in western Kentucky. They just moved there two years ago. It's beautiful there.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Delawhere Jack

Delaware, the first state to ratify the Constitution. But if you ask most people outside the mid atlantic area, they'll say, "Dela-where? Oh yeah, that's a county in Pennsylvania, right?".............. :-\

John gets really old after 40+ years..... Too many "Johns" around. Needed a change of pace......

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Delawhere Jack on August 21, 2012, 09:52:04 PM
John gets really old after 40+ years..... Too many "Johns" around. Needed a change of pace......

My freshman year of college, I was overwhelmed by all the new people. I had a hard time remembering people's names, or when I had met them. My sophomore year, even worse. New classes, new roommates, etc. So my sophomore year I always introduced myself by my initials. That way whenever anybody said, "Hey, ---" I could tell whether I had met them my freshman or sophomore year, so that helped me to remember how long I had known them, which helped me to remember the context. At least that was what I was hoping. My third year, I gave up on the idea and went by my name again, but I was still able to tell the people who had met me for the first time the year before. . . .
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

BBTom

I signed up with my name, but Jeff thought it was too long for normal use.  So our esteemed leader is the one that shortened "Tom Baumberger" to "BBTom". 

If he had any a reason for putting my last name first and first name last, he never told me. 
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

Migal

Quote from: BBTom on August 21, 2012, 10:08:09 PM
I signed up with my name, but Jeff thought it was too long for normal use.  So our esteemed leader is the one that shortened "Tom Baumberger" to "BBTom". 

If he had any a reason for putting my last name first and first name last, he never told me. 

Hmm! or was He thinking Berger/Baum/Tom Just a thought  8)
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Magicman

Just think, if he had known about your Maple Syrup talent, you could have been MS Tom.  But then that would have been your wife's name.   ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Magicman on August 21, 2012, 10:42:43 PM
Just think, if he had known about your Maple Syrup talent, you could have been MS Tom.  But then that would have been your wife's name.   ::)

And people would have thought he/she lived near you.

Cypressstump

Mine, cuz after telling a coworker of my interest in the remains of old growth virgin cypress stumps left in the swamps of my property, how wide spaced they were and wonderment of what the ancient trees must have looked like during the days before logging, he referred to me as the "Cypressstump" man to people at his going away dinner. That was 2 days before me finding this forum,,, so I thought it fit well.
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

Jeff

Quote from: BBTom on August 21, 2012, 10:08:09 PM

I honestly have no recollection of that. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Misfit

Quote from: Misfit on June 27, 2012, 12:57:18 PM
Travelled to a lot of different countries and lived in a few different ones too. My friends kept referring to me as the Canuck since I was born and raised in PEI, Canada.

Plus I don't have the imagination to come up with anything clever and "Bull-headed S.O.B." might not have made Jeff's cut.  ;D

Guess the first part of this doesn't apply anymore since I changed my username. Misfit is how I've always viewed myself as far as fitting in with family life and "normal" society. I seem to feel comfortable on this forum though.....hmmmmm..
I am neither a Philopolemic Blatherskite nor a Bloviating, Sialoquent Blatteroon.

"Say nuthin and saw wood."

Bandmill Bandit

[/quote]

I honestly have no recollection of that. :)
[/quote]

:D  Time has a way of doing that to us Jeff! Or is it age?

No matter its a good name for you BBTom. Jeff is a good guy even if he dont remember.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Mark Wentzell

Seeing this thread makes me wish I had picked something more creative.    :D

Okrafarmer

Maybe you could change your name, like the Misfit Canuck.

Misfit

Quote from: Okrafarmer on August 22, 2012, 10:31:07 PM
Maybe you could change your name, like the Misfit Canuck.

:D  :D  :D

I like you, Okra; you're a goof like me.  8)
I am neither a Philopolemic Blatherskite nor a Bloviating, Sialoquent Blatteroon.

"Say nuthin and saw wood."

BBTom

Jeff, It has been over 10 years since you did that, so I don't expect you to remember, but if you look at my profile it still shows my username to be "tombaumberger".

I tell people that I have a bad case of CRS disease, cause I "Can't Remember Sh uh.. Stuff" 
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

gspren

For the many years that I worked for the Army Research Laboratory they told me what user name to use, first initial and first five of last name Gary Sprenkle = gspren. After using it for all those years I couldn't see changing, that would require thinking!
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Tree Killer

................It's a livin.........

thecfarm

We have many new members since and I reread back through the replies.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WV Sawmiller

When i found out about this site about 3+ years ago and signed up it just seemed like the handle to go by given my new venture since retirement was not keeping me busy enough.

BTW - I'm still trying to figure how Tree Killer shows up as 117 years old. Now that is a goal to work towards! Then again, his last post on this tread was 5 years ago.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

coxy

never new this was here          I could not use my nick name but ill give everyone a hint my dad was called big    and they called me small   but I used coxy instead   :D :D 8) 8)

Bruno of NH

My Dad called me Bruno in front of my best friend when I was 14 years old it stuck
In high school some people thought it was my real first name.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

78NHTFY

In honor of my old man: 1978 New Hampshire Tree Farmer of the Year.  He would have loved this Forum!! All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

Stoneyacrefarm

Mine is pretty self explanatory.  :D
Work hard. Be rewarded.

Woodcutter_Mo

I tried several user names when I was registering on the forum but none worked so I just made this one. I do cut a bit of wood and I live in Missouri. Simple as that  ;D
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

Logger RK

Well,I'm a Logger & My first names Rick. But I do wish I would've used a big L in Logger though. But this is the first forum iv been on.

Thank You Sponsors!