iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

CSI R60CS circle slasher

Started by onthesidelines, April 23, 2019, 11:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthesidelines

What are common wear parts for a CSI R60CS circle saw slasher?  Bar slashers (CSI DL4400) are the most common with the loggers around here, so I'm trying to stay on top of this.  Saw tooth inserts, of course....but what do you other circle slasher people see in way of other wear items that I should have on hand?

Any help would be appreciated.

timbco68

if you keep teeth in them, that is the only maintenance you really will need other than the seal on the shaft of the saw motor perhaps. Even that has gotten better life out of it since most slashers are now built with a carrier bearing the saw itself attaches to. BTW, we have run circle slashers here for over 40 years.

luap

I know next to nothing about a circle slasher, but I did a field repair on one that  that had broken the pivot of the blade and welded it back together.

Grandpa

My experience  has been about the same as Timbco68. I run a 60 inch Hood.

onthesidelines

Customer FINALLY got his saw last week.  Thank you all for your insight.

In all of your experiences, what would you say average lifespan of a set of inserts would be?  Hardwood vs. pine? (Obviously, barring any unforeseen complications.)  Trying to get a handle on how many inserts to have in the supply room.

I would also assume that blade guide blocks don't get worn too often?

Again, thank you all for the valuable input.

BargeMonkey

We try to keep enough teeth on hand to tip the saw 1.5x's, change a couple here and there but if you really hit something I just do the whole disk, mines a 54" so a few less than a 60". The tool from Simonds for knocking out rivets / putting them in is worth having. 

Thank You Sponsors!