iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I would like to thank everyone for their help.

Started by Skoalbandit78, November 27, 2012, 03:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skoalbandit78

Hello Everyone.
I am a new member, but I have been on here thousands of times as a guest and have read probably every post on this forum. I don't know anyone one on here personally, but I probably know what kind of saw every member owns, because I have read so many posts. I would like to thank everyone for putting so much info out there for people like me. I think this site is heads and shoulders above all the others I looked at, i know somebody has put in a lot of hard work setting all this up.
I am 34 years old and live on a very rural 100 acre farm in W.V, I am the 4th generation in my family to own it. I have spent my whole life working outside in the woods in one way or another and am getting ready to buy a Norwood Mx34 next week. My dad has wanted one his whole life and they were always just out of his reach, so I took out some money from savings and I am going to take the plunge for me and him. I have been waiting for a month and a half for my doggone money, and finally got it. Went to cash the check yesterday and the bank has to put a ten day hold on the check until it clears. There killing me, seems like every obsatacle has been put in the way. I definately understand what everyone was saying about sleepless nights. I have a huge stack of oak and poplar that I have been dragging in for the last two months, now I just need a mill. Thanks again to everybody who has helped me, and I appreciate you having me on your forum. Steve

Riggs

Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Sawdust Lover

Welcome to the forum Skoal Bandit. Congradulations on the new mill! Sounds like you have a good plan once the bank lets you have YOUR money. Keep us posted on setup and how it saws.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Sounds like that commercial from J.G. Wentworth:

IT'S MY MONEY AND I WANT IT NOW !

Welcome Bandit!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

hackberry jake

Welcome a-board... Get it a-board bwahahaha :D I'm sure you will love your new mill and I'm sure you know we like to see pics of sawdust flying  8)
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

mad murdock

Welcome SloakBandit!  You will have a good time putting that mill together, and you will have a good working knowledge of it when you begin to put the blade to wood!  Going to be an exciting Christmas season for you this year!!
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Ga Mtn Man

Welcome to The Forestry Forum,  Steve.  I think those MX34's are neat little mills.  Will you be adding any of the hydraulic options?
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Steve!

As you've already found out, this is a great place to hang out!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Skoalbandit78

No I can't afford hydro's right now. I am getting the trailer and loading package. I am used to hard work, so I will stick with the manual features until I can step up to hydraulics. I am going to order a Cook's sharpener and setter also. I have a couple tractors and other equipment. Just need my money! I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to computers, but I (or my wife) will post some pictures if the day ever comes. I have been sayin' a lot of prayers here lately.

thecfarm

Skoalbandit78,welcome to the forum. I know the feeling about "MY" money. Those out of states checks will get you every time. Glad you are getting the saw for your Dad to play with. My Father would of enjoyed my mill. But when he was alive I had no use for one,just living on a 300 foot square lot.  ::) What's the plan for all of the lumber? I have an all manual mill too. Those things are real SLOW and a lot of WORK. But I don't use it much.Suits me just fine.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

learner

wellcome to the forum skoalbandit78.  I have to tell you that when my dad asked me to go with him to look at a sawmill, i was expecting the old, big round blade. Seems he was tired of being retired and wanted to start a new bussiness.
But when i saw that Woodmizer LT40 at work, I fell in love!  If your anything like the rest of us, i imagine you are gonna be going to bed dreaming of sawing and waking up each morning anxious to get to it.
I'm trully Happy for you and Hope to see you here in the Forestry Forum for years to come.
WoodMizer LT40 Super Hydraulic, MF-300 FEL, Nissan Enduro 60 forklift, 2 Monkey Wards Power Kraft Radial arm saws, Rockwell series 22-200 planer, Prentiss 210 loader

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Skoalbandit78.  It's good to have you here.   :)

What part of W.V.?  I worked on a building on top of Bradshaw Mountain, and sawed the lumber and helped build a food distribution building in War.   Both locations are in the very South end of the state.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Skoalbandit78

I have plenty of projects to build, there is always something to use it for. I have a lot of hardwoods to use. I have a pretty good lot of old walnuts in the holler, I thought I might take some out and saw them and try to sell them.

Skoalbandit78

I live in eastern Wv, about 45 minutes from the Ohio and Kentucky borders. I have never been to that town. That is coal country down there,it's about three hours south of me.

Bill Gaiche

Welcome aboard and share some photos and adventures of the new mill with us. Inquiring minds like to know. bg

WDH

You are going to need a whack of stickers  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Nomad

Skoalbandit78, there is no higher cause than working on a dream...  Unless maybe it's working on your father's dream.  I think you'll both like it here.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Meadows Miller

Gday

Welcome to The Forum Steve  ;) ;D 8) and I like a bloke who works with his own money its a hard way of doing it but atleast what you have got is yours  ;) ;D ;D 8) even if the bloody bank makes you wait on it  ??? :P :) ::)   >:(

And im pretty sure you will add your two bobs worth to The Forum over time Mate  ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

sealark37

Your bank is blowing smoke up your skirt.  They had their money within 24 hours after you deposited the check.  Banks get away with this on retail checking accounts because you don't often make large deposits.  I would check into setting up an account with a credit union.    Regards, Clark

schakey

Welcome Skoalbandit78 smiley_roller smiley_roller and good luck with your
Mill there is a lot of great people and information on here.
We own land south of Wayne,Wv and will be living there when I retire.
You and your dad will have a great time milling.
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!