iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new fence and rail system

Started by SwampDonkey, January 15, 2014, 01:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

The INCRA LS32-TS table saw fence and rail with micro-adjust positioner.

I just got it in yesterday via UPS and installed it this morning. Not that difficult actually. If I was to do it for a friend I could probably have it set up in an hour or hour and a half by the time the old rails are removed. My old rails were real easy to take off. No drilling required for the new rails as they mount with brackets allowing the rails to be adjusted to the left or right. ;D

Introducing.....

Now a test cut after everything is assembled and zeroed in. Cutting down a sample to 10" wide, follow the cursor, then clamp and cut.

Shaving off an inch, down to 9" width.

Dead on.

No more fool'n around with junk fences for me.

Have a good one. Now on to some serious wood working. That chair needs building. :)

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

54Dutchman

Looks great 8) 8)  how do you set it for different saw blade widths  ??? ???

SwampDonkey

Simple, about 5 secs. Extend the fence up to the blade, lock it, zero it in on the micro adjust dial, and move the magnetic scale to zero. Unlock. Go to work. The positioner with scale can also be used on their router table setup with additional accessories. 8)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

21incher

Looks like a amazing fence. Is that a new model? I wish my shop was bigger so I could replace the crummy fence on my delta contractor saw with one.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

SwampDonkey

Yes, it's their latest model. I think there is a shorter and a longer rail system available. My shop isn't that wide, but it's 30 feet +/- long. Less places to lose stuff and less to clean. :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Way to go Swamp!  8) I'm impressed with your new toy.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

ancjr

I've used an old Delta/Rockwell saw similar to the one you have, and can confirm the stock fence is junk.  Looks like a nice setup!

WmFritz

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Lud

That looks awful nice, Bill.   You're making me rethink the piece of wood I've been using for the last year that replaced the OE that broke.   DanG cheap gene!  8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

SwampDonkey

Nothing wrong with cheap, if your satisfied with the results. My old fence was simply garbage, I leave table saw fence design to the experts.  ;D 8)

Bill Gaiche

Nothing like being able to make quality cuts on the saw first pass and with ease. Looks like a very good investment. bg

giant splinter

Very nice setup and super accurate, My Delta/Rockwell is only a 9" and not very powerful as well as being old ( 1969 model ) it has the factory table with a 4" jointer on the lower step. I get ok results with the stock fence and rail system but it is in need of constant adjustment and allignment, your system is perfect and might be an option for me if it would work with the jointer under the upper extended rails otherwise I would need to relocate the jointer and get another electric motor for it as it gets it power from the original single motor with pulleys and belts that must be shifted out for the tasks at hand. Nice setup Swamp.
roll with it

Magicman

Congrats on the fence, now get off of the fence and get to work.   ;D   :D   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Ah yes, I've been planning the front legs today on the chair. Hmm, how to turn a round leg with an arm post, as one piece, shaped like a goose neck. Stay tuned for some magic. ;D

21incher

Quote from: SwampDonkey on January 16, 2014, 03:33:30 PM
Ah yes, I've been planning the front legs today on the chair. Hmm, how to turn a round leg with an arm post, as one piece, shaped like a goose neck. Stay tuned for some magic. ;D
Sounds to me like there is a CNC router in your future!
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

SwampDonkey

No, just some tried and true techniques of furniture making. ;D

ancjr

Quote from: SwampDonkey on January 16, 2014, 05:35:04 PM
No, just some tried and true techniques of furniture making. ;D

Magic!  :D

isawlogs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Phorester

Thank You Sponsors!