iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Turning with a Trick Lid

Started by Lud, May 15, 2011, 10:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lud

This is a spalted maple vessel with a trick lid.  Bit of a prototype as I'm not ecstatic about the proportions. 

Since I turn a chuck mount inside the lid for turning the finial I thought that might make a nice little hiding spot so the inside lid stays up with a couple of earth magnets.

Gave you the marker for scale

Lid off

You can see the little magnets on the lid which I glued in.

I think it has potential for a series!   8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

logwalker

I am confused as to the purpose of the removable center.
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Lud

Furniture makers like to do the hidden compartment, the hollow leg, the sliding panel.  I'm trying for the woodturning  solution.   The base of a vase could work too but I 'm trying in the lid.

"A place to conceal your jewels or hide some cash,
the cultural tradition of hiding a stash!"

Build it and they will come..........
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Dodgy Loner

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

sprucebunny

Handsome wood. I like the hiding spot.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ernie

What a great idea 8)  Well executed too.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

jamesamd

Excellent idea,keep cash in it,Jewels are too heavy. :)
Jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

SwampDonkey

Put nothing smaller than $100's in it Lud, so when I come for it I have a real treasure. ;)

Nice turning by-the-way.  Cool idea. 8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!