iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Merry Christmas 2020

Started by 97redjeep, December 25, 2020, 07:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WCFAK

Merry Christmas from south central Alaska, 28 degrees F. and plenty of snow on the ground for everyone.

WV Sawmiller

OGH,

I apologize for maligning you about your weather since you probably have no control over it. I did not think about the snow cover you already had. Snow followed by warm weather and rain is a recipe for disaster when it comes to flooding. 

The electric company are outside right now. The winds we had last night knocked down the line going to my outside shed and barns but it just flickered in the house then stayed on. I have a separate service to them. It looked like lightening out there when it happened. I did not notice the lines down till I started out to the mail box which had gotten open and found the 2 lines across my bridge about 2' & 4' high. I put a wheelbarrow by them so nobody would drive into them. The electric guy said the line was still hot. They may not finish tonight and I told them the only thing on it is a heat lamp to a second well I have in the lot and since the power has already been off over 24 hours if it was going to freeze it has already done so.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

nativewolf

Well guys we had almost 4" here too.  Merry Christmas despite the rains, OGH.  Howard, hope your power situation gets sorted.
Liking Walnut

WV Sawmiller

Thanks. They will get it sorted and it does not affect my house which is backed up by a Guardian GenSet anyway.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

longtime lurker

Hot , wet, drowned with sweat.... Merry Christmas to all from the warm parts of the world.
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

caveman

Merry Christmas.  It was in the 30's here this morning but was a welcome change from the heat.  Tonight it is likely to freeze so the mango trees we grafted a month or so ago were brought inside.  We went to a citrus grove at a local school this afternoon that is in severe decline due to greening and picked three feed sacks full of Hamlin oranges for my middle daughter to take to some friends in north Georgia this weekend. @WDH, I could probably have her hide some in a maple tree in the Perry Cracker Barrel parking lot on their way up I-75.

This next paragraph should go in the  "I did something dumb today" thread but...earlier today my youngest daughter said she thought she heard something running (I was thinking an animal) but I could not hear anything.  Just about dark, as she was heading in from cleaning her hogs' pens, she said the side yard of my folks' house was flooded.  I went in to find a split and spraying galvanized pipe (it wasn't running it was leaking profusely).  Anyway, where the leak was and with the updated water treatment system it is inaccessible so tomorrow morning after fixing breakfast for my parents I'll try to run new pipe from the well to the house.  Thankfully they live next door and we have another well to fill jugs.  (The dumb part of my day was not finding out what was making the noise and instead going in the house and reading the forum).
Caveman

WDH

You don't ever know what you might find hanging in a red maple tree. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!