iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

swing mill builders

Started by newday89, May 17, 2011, 04:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newday89

Help.. I currently have a band mill.. I am a good fabricator and I am looking to build a milling saw .. I like the features of a swing blade but would settle for a basic design.  What i am looking to build would be something to double cut a log to make a 16 to20 inch wide board . it doesnt have to swing. does anyone have any suggestions or designs for a motor and blade to run on a track ? are there any websites to build what i am trying to build? i would prefer it to be gas powered.... any suggestions or info is greately appreciated. Dan

itsposs

Not critasizing but why build it when its cheaper to buy one? Both the Lucas Mill and Petersons mill can that for you so could the original Lewis Mill.Given the  Peterson can do it easier and is a little cheaper I d recomend it.  But with Blade size an power the Lucas is a good option as well

bill m

Why do you think it would be cheaper for him to buy a mill? He might have access to unlimited resources for material, fabricating equipment and talent to put one together just for the cost of his time. Plus the personal satisfaction of building and operating your own equipment can be priceless.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

weisyboy

iv got a few sets of plans here ill see if i can dig them up.

if ya can send me your email address ill send them to you.

god bless america god save the queen god defend new zealand and thank christ for Australia
www.weisssawmilling.com.au
http://www.youtube.com/user/weisyboy?feature=mhee
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000696669814&sk=photos

newday89

Carl thanks so much for offering your help. I sent my email to your email. Dan

thecfarm

You want a over and under saw.  :D  Must a market for these boards,what kind of wood?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

newday89

The wood I will be cutting is mostly oak and maple .probably some poplar and cherry too ...

mick

Karl,
I would like a copy of your swing mill plans if it is possible.

Thanks,

Mick.

acco1840

WEISYBoy I'd like a copy too if that would be possible. butterbox_productions@yahoo.com.au

Am looking at building a swingmill similar to the Peterson WPF that was powered by a stihl 090.

Thank You Sponsors!